1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Plumbers Or Heating Engineers ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by iang27, Sep 26, 2020.

1. We recently replaced our old system boiler with a Viessmann combi (but one that has a small built in tank as well), controlled by a tado smart controller (we're generally very wary of all this smart stuff)...we subsequently added smart radiator valves as well and we have to say it's just fantastic...far better than we expected - we just leave it on, the house is maintained at a constant temperature year round (except when it's 30deg outside of course - it doesn't cool) and there's constant hot water....and we we think it's less cost per month fuel wise than before...

• Like Like x 1
  2. If its just 2 pipes? Flow and return? and I guess a fill pipe?

Can you not just disconnect the flow and return water pipes and use a garden hose and another length of hose and flush the system through with that?

Assume its 22MM pipe make up a connector to fit both sides with short tails of 13mm pipe to put the hose over.. a few jubilee clips

Probably less than £10 and a few hours

Then every half hour swap the flow to the other pipe - so you flush and back flush

The waste pipe - probably should take it to a filter to catch sludge (old sock or stocking) then into a toilet?

Save about £500 on the power flush?

3. I now have done a thorough test of my electricity usage.

All of the gasheads here were wrong! You can apologise now - but I suspect those people are not big enough to accept reality and may be embarrassed to accept that they were wrong!

My fake, load-of-shit, blah, blah, blah water heater I can test thoroughly as I can turn it off for over 24 hours and still get hot water (those that can't/don't believe it can keep on sniffing gas, but it's the truth). So I turned it off for about 27 hours and did daily meter readings to compare how much electricity that I used over 24 hour periods. I can confirm that this piece of crap uses 4 units of electricity per day. This provides a nice, long hot shower and all of my washing up needs - plus any random washing of hands.

So, I got rid of gas and a gas heater in my kitchen to provide extra space for shelving and got my gas meter taken away.

Of relevance here, is that I would warn people to be very, very careful of any Ducati advice here. And especially when Ducati bring out their electric bike.

Anyone can write stuff that is factually incorrect, here. By all means listen but verify everything for yourself.

Had I listened and not followed my own path, I would have spent thousands installing and making good gas central heating and a new gas boiler. That was the wrong advice and would of cost me as well of being about as environmentally unfriendly as I could of got..

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Is that it? Finished? I was enjoying reading the banter on this ..seriously hope it carries on been a shrewd buy fella :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. How about a coal fire and back boiler?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorry to bring the fun to an end. I am not boasting that this was a particularly clever buy but I had to replace my old gas heater - I still find myself sighing when it is a windy day because that was a sure sign that the boiler would fail, normally when I am halfway through a shower. Now, I say to myself, "Wake Up! it doesn't matter if it is windy! Even if there is a power cut, it still doesn't matter!". Saving the World and polluting less where not my main aims. I just wanted a reliable water heater and more space in my kitchen! I only mentioned it because I thought that it could be useful if anybody was in a similar position!

We now wish that we had fitted it to our rental property in Chiswick that is a gym. Trouble is that the tenant would of benefited from the reduced running costs but we would of had to stump up the purchasing costs!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. A power flush also normally requires mechanical vibration of the radiators to get the best out of it....
    [​IMG]
    Further powerful chemicals are added to help with the rust / sludge removal.
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Bring back a summary of all your electric bills in January, like I said in one of the other threads you started on this exact same subject.
    Like you said at the beginning, you don't really know what you are doing. Further you've ignored all the links supplied that explain what you have purchased and the numerous complaints made against your magic beans electric heater. ;)

PS
    If this thread gets closed down, join in someone else's thread or just start another one.... and then another one.... ad nauseum :thinkingface: :blush: :innocent:

10. Ha, ha, ha! My electricity bills only reflect the meter readings that I supply! I've logged it and told you that I am using about 4 units of electricity per day for water heating - and you just cannot accept it! YOUR ARE WRONG! ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND WILL (I ASSUME) ALWAYS WILL BE. GO AND SNIFF SOME MORE GAS!

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information