1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any two stroke fans ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dusty, Jun 22, 2013.

1. I had one of these.....RGV250n
    RGV-250R.jpg
    Bought it brand new from A&D Motorcycles in Denbigh way back in 1993, lasted till the 'magic' 13,000 miles when the front cylinder imploded whilst chasing a Fireblade, I still remember thinking 'It will be alright when it cools down....'!

RGV-250R.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sheep stealing again? Or was it a loaf of bread this time?

AL

3. Search on itv iplayer for the unrideables it's a documentary about gp racing in the 1980's if it doesn't make you smile you have no pulse

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, I was living in Liverpool at the time...

5. Did you meet Ned when you were out there?

Or was a dustbin you ran into........?

6. I don't remember meeting Mr. Kelly.

It was John West who sent me there and I was mightily pleased.
    I swapped Birkenhead for Manly Beach - a trade not many would disagree with.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So a tin can was actually involved, then?

8. Yep, awesome programme :upyeah:

9. Off to Goodwood Festival of Speed then the following day Mallory festival of 1000 bikes will get a weekend of two strokes being caned by the past masters incl, Mr 34 revving kevin and Freddie Spencer. The only thing that comes close is a 60's MV or 60's Honda rc 181

• Like Like x 1
  10. Container loads of the things.

11. Everyone should have a stroker in the shed, I have a 73 kawasaki s2a triple, 85 gamma 400, 94 rgv250 lucky strike.

12. Wtf, didn't even know zuki made a 400 gamma - rare?? lucky boy, bet that's a hoot to ride.

13. You're not wrong - that is bloomin' gorgeous... :upyeah:

14. had loads, RD80 Lc bought new on 17th birthday first rd leagal bike, micron, ace bars, racing reeds,pirreli mandrakes came with a single seat and no rear pegs oh must of done 69mph. done over 20000mls in 18months. got nickt day after i made the last payment.
    probably a good thing.

15. Hello fellow S2 owner.:)

16. #76 waggytee, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  17. Back in the late 80s early 90s I raced a selection of 125 Hondas & a 250 Suzuki, all great fun but the best was an ex Hans Spaan GP bike. Niko Bakker frame, Marvic wheel, Marzocchi forks , White Power shokker etc with a 125 Rotax engine, single cylinder disc valve induction, 1 gasket in the engine, the power came in at 12000 RPM & went out again at 13500 rpm. As Barry Sheene famously said "it had a power band as wide as the cock on a chocolate mouse"
    Had to sell it when the kids came along but would love to get it back again now.

18. Great to see so many two stroke fans here. Since I started the thread, I have done a bit more to my two Hybrids. The first has had a colour change and is now up and running;

[​IMG]

And the Yamasaki engine has been totally rebuilt and is back in the bike, along with some nice TSA pipes;

[​IMG]

Dusty:wink:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Kr1? Nice, remember a few on the lc forum I inhabited for a while.

20. Wow,they look fantastic.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information