1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Done Flat Track?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Got my Ducati leathers lol

2. We popped into kirmington after cadwell bsb but didn't go in the pub as was knackered so headed home to Leeds but this time should make the effort and yes hopefully eat and have a nosey

3. It's a nice little pub, and off-season you won't be overly burdened by bikers calling each other "chief" and sucking their teeth... food's alright and really if you like pubs / bikes / engineering / Lancaster Bombers / Britain at all then you'll find something to enjoy whilst tutting at the profusion of themed bobble hats! ;)

4. I like all the above, I know guy is rarely in the place and to be fair I would not approach him if he was but would be cool if he was in as been honest I do think he is talented and entertaining and anyone who has a go at road racing I'm a bit in awe of.

5. His sister will be likely behind the bar, she's usually there.

6. Look forward to it, more the point I'm wondering if I will see a plane take off as I have never seen it happen at humberside im starting to think it's a money laundering operation.

7. Hah, are you suggesting our local airport isn't thriving? When I lived in Kirmington it was mostly helicopters going to and from the rigs, police chopper or KLM Fokkers. Now there's no police chopper and the search and rescue is operated privately from HUY.

If you're there in the summer then the gaffer of HUY has a pair of Spitfires he flies about it, and you can get some nice Gryphon or Merlin treats for your lugs.

IMG_5338.jpg

Them two!

Sometimes others come to play too...

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

8. Bloody hell perks of the job, I used to fly to holland in a Fokker 50 you don't realise the performance of a prop plane until the pilot gives it some as he did a schipol once.

I see the search and rescue helicopter in the hanger every time I pass by.

9. They sound ace. We're very lucky here as the BBMF planes fly over very frequently going between Coningsby and displays. It's not uncommon to hear the burble of Merlins and to get to see the Lanc' slowly thrumming over the Wolds is something special. The Typhoons are less welcome, but we've also got Scampton 20 mins down the road so you'll often get to see / hear The Red Arrows and BBMF... it'd be awful living in Lincolnshire if you didn't like planes, bikes or racing! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information