1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Had Or Has A Honda Sp1 Bought A Daytime Mot Track Bike Yesterday

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Glenb, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Took it out for first time today , really liked it very easy to ride and effortlessly quick you don’t seem to feel the speed you are travelling at as much on this whether it’s because it’s a heavy bike I’m not sure but 70 feels like 30 more so than the other bikes I’ve been on not sure why , great noise thunderous but not stupidly loud but nice , slightly snatch throttle at low revs but not bad really like the Ducati really , love the dash on these really easy to view when riding , thumbs up from me , very predictable as soon as I got on it I was at ease on it ,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 0DBAA86B-30B0-4D51-B466-B7AAE8CBA0CD.jpeg Also did a deal on the road fairings ( original Nastro Rossi ones ) including nose headlights indicators tank wheels etc everything to put it back to road going trim , not sure if I’ll do it I quite like it as is but if I ever part with it , in road trim it would be much more sought after I suppose

3. You could probably track it for couple of years and then sell it with the road fairings on for the same £££ you paid for it.
    Seen one for sale on ebay couple of days ago with +100k miles on the clocks.

4. Just a comment of daylight MOT.
    Many years ago I had an ex race Saxon Radika III. It was used in the BEARS series. Fully adjustable Wishbone front end with monoshock, (if you were silly enough you get the front to rise under braking ala Honda C50!)1st Gen Hinckley Triumph triple taken out to 990cc, 140bhp at the wheel. Great bike, and one I used on the road.
    Every time I got pulled by the police (which was often) the discussion would start with, "show me the MOT, its got no lights" me, "its a daytime only MOT" them "whats one of them?" me, "its an MOT for daytime use only", them "no such thing exists...…"
    If you use it on the road, be prepared for fun!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information