1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Done Spa On An 1199 Or 1098 ?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Booked up with Nolimits in June. Its 100db but I've seen phots of people doing it on here so hoping I dont need to buy another bike :)

2. Kope999.. its one of his favorite crashing places.

Defo on my to do list.

Are you coming to Brno ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. 100 db, seriously ? That is going to disenfranchise a lot of keen track day junkies whose bikes are "track focussed". My 748 with a 54mm Termignoni full race system is the quietest I have ever run and the lowest its been measured at is 101 on a wet day :Arghh:. Andy

4. I just found his video on youtube and was going to message him later. I remember now Spa was one of the tracks he recommended as the best in Europe. The track looks incredible. I'm seriously thinking about Brno for the same trip, going to discuss it with the gang tomorrow as we may do the Ring as well, or at least meet some of the guys in cars there on the way to Brno if we went.

5. I'm guessing the noise thing can work as they just state Panigale R with Termis are not allowed but others are ok. There's load of Pani vids on youtube at Spa.

6. I have been on a few Bikers Days (the local company) days at Spa with a 1098s and Termignoni slip-owns. Failed the noise test with open cans, passed with the dB killers fitted.

It's a great track. I was riding on the OEM Supercorsa tyres with no warmers on a hot sunny day. You can easily tear the rear if you give it the berries up the Kemmel straight on the first lap...

Go as fast as you can around Blanchiment so that no-one can overtake you. It's very scary (there is precious little run off there), but not half as scary as when somebody wearing an instructor's bib stands you up in the corner as he undertakes you through there. At least he had the decency to apologise afterwards...

Stay at Neil and Ann's place just down the road.
    www.aeaventures.com

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I took my RC8 there a few years ago, no problems at all but it was running a standard can. I do remember them being very tight with noise though, which was odd as at lunch time the following day they opened the circuit for free practice for a race series that was running the next day, full on race bikes non of which I'm sure would pass noise testing. I took my 1961 Royal Enfield Crusader 250 racer round for a couple of laps which is frigging loud (can put my fist into the open pipe) and they were OK with it even though there's a 600cc minimum limit.
    As above, stay with Neil and Ann, top people, Neil used to instruct there and at the Ring, top bloke.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. SPA is one of best tracks anywhere in the world imho and well worth it. its massive, technical and shockingly fast. it one of the only places you can utterly scream the tits off a litre sport bike

i thinks its 100db drive by, the sensor is about 150m from la source hairpin along side the new (F1) pits

they did static test bikes with race cans , with baffles in they didn't even test the 1098, just stuck a sticker on and waved me on
    the 998 passed without baffles! (although it may have been 102DB)

DG have offered a 'panigale experience' the last 2 years and they had open termis, my friend watched a new R1 fail the static test and still get a pass sticker!
    in practice you will "probably" be fine,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. brno is very special too and the czechskis don't give a shit about noise

but if it was a choice between spa and brno i would happily ride spa all day everyday

10. Done Spa a quite few times (SDR, 1098S, 1199R), all with Termi's/Akros and never been sound checked. The marshalling guy at the end of the pits (who is supposed to check) just pointed at the Ducati on my tank and gave the thumbs up.

Did Brno this year - great circuit, mega city, 55p pints.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Spa is awesome, i work there instructing in cars. Sound is checked as said above along the short straight before La Source, Often with loud cars we lift slightly to not trip the meter (Our McLaren has been black flagged numerous times). The sound meter is hooked up to notify the local council so normally it is one chance, flagged twice and you are off for the day. Pretty much the same with Biker Days run events as the No Limits ones are. Spa is epic, in the wet or the dry. Weather can be in a zone of it's own. Do not be suprised if in the middle of summer it is wet. I normally take a set of wets on wheels when i do bike days there.
    A big no no with Biker days is when you pass sound test, then later take the baffle out and trip the meter, day over. The briefing is fun in three languages aswell LOL.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Can I be you for a week? :)

13. you will not regret it.
    been there a few times as wellin the past with my 998 and 944SS.
    the raidillon/L'eau rouge is an amazing combination.

henk!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. No!!! It's tough enough hanging onto these jobs, still get to play in all sorts of interesting metal at Spa and the Ring, Zolder aswell planned for 2016.
    As a footnote a lot of bikers are now doing trackdays at Mettet aswell on their travels as it's between Calais and Spa.

15. Sorry mate, I have first dibs on that!

16. Brno is excellent. Fast, with fast corners, off camber, on camber. It's a giggle.

Spa is tough. I had a few problems that day.

Firstly someone kept putting a "46" sticker on my bike and taking photos, and I never noticed

Secondly, someone was sadly killed in the second session(damp track, little run off)

Having seen your Nurburgring video, it will be no problem to you, but it freaked me out until halfway through the afternoon when I started to loosen up and enjoy it. Mainly, because I had Doogalman tow me round.

It's a proper old fashioned circuit.

17. As a footnote. The last two times I've been there on bike trackdays. EVERY bike is tested for sound before getting a sticker.

18. I'm doing it again in August with NL and their paperwork says unless the bike has a standard road can fitted then any other exhaust must have a baffle fitted. I'll be staying at Neils place again this year as well.

19. Even with baffles in or standard they were testing every bike in september. 8000 rpm aswell was where my 996 was needed to held for the test. The guys on the meter are pretty good there but the circuit obeys the sound meter on the gantry over the F1 start finish prior to La Source.
    I'm there working tomorrow sat in Porsches. Yawn zzzzz

20. Cheers for that I should be OK with the 600 then, its running a Yoshi system with a big underslung collector box type arrangement and a stubby can, it was 97db at Cockingham last week. Baffles will certainly be in my tool box though. Cheers for the info. Enjoy tomorrow.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information