1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Fancy A Week Or So Away 15th April?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Jan 6, 2018.

1. I have a gap in my diary and fancy getting away for a week biking. I stopped for a day in Salamanca in Spain on my way back from a Sahara trip on my little CRF250 before Christmas ... and what I saw of it was fantastic. I'd love to go back on a Ducati.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/...ycle-destination-needs-to-be-salamanca-spain/

Anyone fancy it?

Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao or Santander and then 250 miles South to biking heaven and a spot of sun. We could do it independently or take a look at the Tour Company mentioned in the article above. Either would suit me. Equally, if anyone has any better suggestions for a destination.

#1 Dave, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. I could be persuaded. :upyeah:

3. Cool. Anyone else?

4. At work now @Andy800 ,will look at rota when indoors

• Like Like x 1
  5. I finish on the morning of April 18th mate. We can book extra shifts off but I have a load booked for Sept for San Marino. If you guys leave on the 15th, how long you going for, I could catch up?

6. I would need to be back for work on Monday 22nd April.

7. @Dave only put the feelers out half hour ago. I've gotta check with the boss and check for time off at work :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Of course mate.

9. Have you priced up the ferry yet ???

10. I may be interested, never done abroad on the bike, what would the cost wise for this be roughly as have safari the following month to think about.

Dave/Andy what bike would you be taking as id be on 848 so just thinking fuelling being a pain if your on multi's etc..?

Thanks
    Stu.

11. I should know a bit more mid week :upyeah:
    @Stu848 I'll be on the 899 :motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  12. @broke . You persuaded June yet, that the best way to celebrate an anniversary is for you to go on a bike trip?

13. Depends if you want cabin or not and if you share cabin, but it's usually around 350 to 400 for both ways.

14. Average cost for trips I've done for a week, normally around the 1200 quid mark Inc boat, hotels, fuel and spends, may be a bit less if no GP tickets needed.

#15 Wayne58, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Sounds good. :) I have all my holiday allowance taken for 2 trips next year though. :(

16. Not for me this time Dave. Enjoy :upyeah:

17. I'd love it Wayne, but persuading June to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary on her own, whilst I'm off on the bike, might not go down all that well I think :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Take her out for dinner before breaking the news, somewhere posher than McDonald's, maybe KFC or Burglar King ? If she still doesn't approve, throw in the "you're selfish" comment, bound to work. :D
    She'll be putty in your hands. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Guys,
    Sounds like a good trip. I'm already booked for later in the month though...but hey you never know. Maybe, just maybe I can work something out. Like meeting you somewhere.

Spend some time in the Picos on the way down.

Stu848. You don't know what you're missing. Fantastic empty roads with bend after bend and great tarmac that we've paid for while still in the EU.

As for the ferries don't even think about not having a cabin.
    4 hairy arsed blokes sharing 1 might be a bit much tho.
    Also there are 2 kinds of ferries the Cruise ones and the economy ones.

Now, you need to ask some other opinions on this one but I'd pay the relatively small amount extra for the better ferry.

The economy ferry is smaller, not such good facilities, bar restaurant etc. but I find it just bloody boring on the smaller ones. A bunch of blokes in the bar together might make it ok.
    More opinions please.

I'm sorry if this is teaching some of you to suck eggs, just trying to help, especially the uninitiated.

You'll love it. The only downside is, you won't want to ride in the UK afterwards.

1 last thing. Whoever is doing the booking, PM me and I'll give you my discount code for the ferry. Might help with the decision making. :)

Happy days.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information