1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Anyone Fitted This Arrow To V2/959/1299?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Phill748, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Has anyone fitted one of these?

https://www.omniaracing.net/en/arro...for-ducati-panigale-959-20162019-p-97095.html

Arrow_71144PK_Panigale959l.jpg

I'm looking at options for my V2, I like the look of the SBK Single silencer but they are just stupid loud, I ideally want something the same volume or slightly less than the Akrapovic but not £2600!!!

I think these are about £1200 and I've been really impressed with the Arrow products I've had before.

The issues I think I'll have are: Warranty, Needing an Upmap for a V2 which is probably dealer only when purchasing an Akrapovic, so it may be a non starter.

Failing this, anyone know for sure of any dealers who would do a deal off RRP on the Akrapovics for an already purchased bike (not from them as I won't ever go near the dealer I bought my bike from).

• Like Like x 1
  2. The thing I don't like about the Arrow from the picture is the exhaust outlets looks like they point backwards, rather than out to the side like the stock 899/1199/1299 exhaust and I wouldn't want the exhaust heat being blown out towards the rear tyre and chain.

3. agree totally, I watched quite a few videos of the exhaust last night on YouTube and I do think it sounds fantastic, really deep and tuned, but agree it doesn’t turn out enough, the Akrapovics do.

I think short of Termignoni coming out with an option in the spring that’s nicer than the weird front exit pipes I will probably just suck it up and get the Akrapovics if I can save up enough!!!

4. I was looking at that Arrow system for the 959. Didn’t convince me much either. Problem is, you’d buy them and save a shed load of money but then you’d be thinking they’re not anywhere near as neat looking as the Akras.
    I went for the SBK silencer and decat in the end. Admittedly loud but not in a bad way, it sounds good, saves a few Kgs in weight and a lot cheaper.
    C76AF9ED-BA65-40BF-B76C-79ECA8169BC0.jpeg

Looks cool too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. pit looks brilliant but I really think it’s too loud for me, I’ve asked them if they are making a version with a silencer in but there doesn’t seem to be a market for it

• Like Like x 1
  6. The SC project ones they've been testing look awesome!

7. got any pictures? The perfect option I think would be something that looks like an SC Project exhaust but with a silencer in it, for comparable volume and tone to the Akra. The issue I have with the SBK is lack of tone, if that makes sense

8. You might be able to find pre- can db killer inserts from folk like pipewerx, which will tweak the tone/volume in a more acceptable direction.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not to hand, but I think they posted some pics on their FB page of them testing. It basically looks like the BSB V4 system and I love that look, I think it'll be a marmite thing though. I can't find much on it and can't see if they've said they're actually officially releasing anything, but I'd assume so. Saw one at a club race too (definitely a V2), but they could have just stuck a v4 one on.

With the announcement of testing it in SSP class and it's increasing presence in club racing, it might provided a reason to up the ante on development. Economy of scale and all that.

10. I’ve just had a look, I think they would be unusable on the road, the heat right under the sides of the seat for one (I’m not sure the rear fairings are rated for heat protection given that it wasn’t designed for under seat exhausts) and also because the exhaust fumes will get drawn into your back and be unpleasant.

for context, on under seat pipes because there is negative pressure zone behind your back, you probably noticed all your kit stinks of fuel and exhaust. I really like not stinking now with the belly exhausts so for me I’m still stuck on Arrow (which I’m not sure I like the look of anymore) or Akrapovic and getting some custom made baffles to try and enable track use in the uk more easily, will be next year now though I think. With what’s going on my priority is just saving money

• Like Like x 1
  11. I suspect they'll advertise as race only probably for the reasons you mentioned and likely to be mega loud.

The Akrapovic ones are a lot of money to drop, but they look better than the arrow ones even if the V2 version doesn't have the yellow arrow sticker. Wait till black friday. You can get 25-30 percent off which makes a giant dent at the price these are.

12. I was going to have a chat with the dealer when things open up in the spring and see if there are any ‘deals’ to be had on the pipes. Normally when you buy the bike there are, but I’m wondering if the dealer will be willing to knock off a bit for loyal servicing custom etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Where u get Sbk exhausts from bettes and has anyone got the arrow installed upmaps

14. For anyone interested: I have the V2. Fitted an arrow, removed the DB killer. Bought a T800 and loaded the SBK map from their options. 9hp to the wheel more. Much better sound than the SBK, by a mile and a half. Had the SBK and sold it immediately, it sounds like a Coca-Cola can and way too loud. Arrow sound half as loud (no joke). Don’t buy the SBK.
    Arrow and Akra sound 95% identical, in full throttle (on track) Akra sounds more bassy, arrow sounds more V4S “high pitched”

for the track: it upped the torque a bunch, I ride A pace and wheelies on 3rd gear now, it didn’t before. It’s a thump in the arse torque wise. It does up the temp by 15 Deg on the rear tyre, on the right side, due to gases going straight to the tyre. Now, it made my tyre up to temp and stay in temp on race pace. By that I mean more grip. Now before anyone throws a fit, it’s California, about 55 deg in the morning and 70 in mid day. It’s stable. In summer tho? I think I’ll cook the right side of the tyre faster (on races). Tyre in question Pirelli supercorsa.

on the street: The street mode on the riding modes with arrow makes the torque curve much more smooth and less aggressive than the stock pipe and stock map, it’s very smooth for commuting. When you add on the DB killer it’s a Briese. Sounds awesome without waking the Neighbour. It’s very muted and decent, without spoiling the bassy sound.

Hope this helps!! PS: weight drop like a MF. Looks better. Doesn’t kill the bank account. Also Arrow will replace any part that might brake from factory (not crash) in case a plate or weld fails. A friend had this issue and they just shipped him the replacement part free of charge.

exhaust price in the US: 1200 USD
    UPMAP t800 price in the US: 800 (I was lucky to get a second hand unused one for 200)

50A05C31-8F59-4459-A825-2EC53D11556F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Do you get noise tested over there? Is so what did it test at? That's always the dilemma over here. Dropping thousands to find you can't ride on half the tracks.

16. Do we know what the Akrapovic tests at? I already have the FE with a full system which effectively restricts me to unsilenced days at Donington or overseas so don't need 2 bikes that fall into that category!

17. Haven’t noise tested, but if in doubt, carry your DB killer with a pair of nose pliers and you’ll be ok. It cuts about 40% of the sound. (It’s not a scientific measure, but what I perceive on the bike). I added the DB killer to some track sessions and with ear plugs on I can tell the difference is pretty substancial

18. I also have the Arrow (no ugly yellow badge) on my 2021 V2. Love the pipe without the baffles (no noise issue where I live for street or track - Midwest USA), but I do wish it didn't point at the right side of the rear tire. I have an SLR tune with throttle and torque restrictions removed. This thing sings and flies.

19. There’s a whole thread devoted to this somewhere if you take a look, might be useful to you.

I dont understand why that Arrow system points straight at the rear tyre and they didn’t just kick the exit out to the side a little

20. The main flow is aimed at the tire edge, but the last part of the pipe kicks outward and aims away from the tire. So much of the exhaust is not hitting the tire, but some is. I think they wanted to keep the pipe tucked and still have mostly straight flow.

PXL_20220101_231010034.MP.jpg PXL_20220101_231035505.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information