1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone For Cricket!?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 28, 2021.

1. I think cricket is in enough trouble rn, without digging up another racist wife beater from yorkshire!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I don’t get the cricket thing at all. But then again I don’t get most sports

soccer especially and fucking golf. Shite.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I just watch women’s Tennis and women’s beach volleyball.

• Agree Agree x 2

4. Ducatiscud for prime minister !

I realise this doesn’t have the same value as maybe it once did in 2021. But the thought is there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Azeem Rafiq? The Jew hater??

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Nooooooooo can’t be true! Only whites hate other races/ethnics/classes/religions!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Ha, yeah right. Only if you comply with social engineering and brainwashing.

#28 Mary Hinge, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2021

9. Yep. Only Muslims groom children too etc…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. EXACTLY. EDL, EDL, EDL…..

Oh wait, what about our lovely white relatives in the BBC/MPs? They are prone to fingering kids. Especially the ginger ones, as they are not classed as “human” anyway…..

Don’t we live in a lovely world?

11. Why would anyone get excited about watching a group of adults playing a game of bat and ball?

Same with golf - might be a fun relaxing pastime for some, but to go watch it? I don't get it.

These are games and pastimes, not sports.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. You’re getting there :upyeah:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BREAKING NEWS:

The English Cricket team have officially beaten the Wuhan street markets with the worst use of a bat in recorded history!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1

14. Then you could also ask why someone would want to watch someone go round and round in circles on two wheels?

Im a complete sport addict (as long as its live), i hate christmas cos theres next to nothing on! The only thing i dont really try and keep up with is rugby (both codes).

I went to the open golf at RSG in the summer (saturday and sunday), it was an amazing atmosphere and day out. You also get to see people play the sport in a way you can only dream of. Its fucking impressive and who wouldnt want to take home over a million quid for "hitting a ball with a stick" lol

Cricket i can give or take but ive still been to watch england in south africa india and sri lanka, Beautiful places to sit and watch the world go by with a few bevvys etc.. (and cricket is the perfect game for that too). Bliss.

Going to try the local speedway this year, just for something different and new. Variety is the spice of life and all that,

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Glad you asked.

Because it requires incredible skill, fitness and and bravery. It is unbelievable to watch bikes cornering at the speeds and angles they do, before you add in close racing, the sounds, and the technical aspects.

I'm sure getting hit by a cricket ball can 'sting a bit', but the risks taken by top level motorcycle racers, and indeed car racers, is far far greater. I want to watch people compete at a level I wouldn't dare to do, even if I had the skill.

16. Golf and cricket require incredible skill too

17. And the consequences of getting it wrong? "Oh, the ball didn't go in the hole, dear me, have another go."

Fine as a pastime, but not a sport.

18. How do cricket & golf not qualify in your mind as a sport? I get that you don’t like them but it’s lazy to just say they’re not sports. Pub games like darts & snooker I’ll give you, but cricket & golf are most definitely sports

• Agree Agree x 1

19. I honestly put golf especially in with the pub games o_O

Also, literally everyone I know who likes cricket or golf is an alcoholic (but in denial about it). That goes for the players as well who are not what I’d call fit.

20. Some fantastic generalisations there Adam but I’ll let it go ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information