1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anyone Found A Warranty Provider? 959/1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by damodici, Nov 4, 2017.

1. So what do you think, 959 just as good on track due to the easier nature of the engine?

Also, if possible could you pm me the dealer and deal as I might be interested myself

2. I prefer the 959 on track. Strangely, the 1299S is a better road bike. The 959 is just smoother and a bit easier to bully and feel in control of.

Deal is no secret. It was up on their site. Ducati Aylesbury had a cancelled order and were selling a new (unregistered) bike for just under £12k. I already had a deposit down for the Corse, but I can easily get it to Corse spec for the £4.5k I have saved.

3. i hope ducati paid for the issues on the 1299! was it under warranty still?

4. Not under warranty. Loooong story!

- Started with nobody wanting to pay to strip it to verify the very broken engine. I paid that (~£500) after waiting about 2 months, thinking DUK would see sense.
    - then, after another month or so, Ducati UK agreed to pay parts (~£9k).
    - then a long wait (another month?) whilst everyone refused to pay to rebuild it. Eventually my dealer (Ducati Aylesbury) stepped up and rebuilt it for free. They didn’t have to, but it saved me the thick end of £3k. I am very grateful to them, and they have a customer for life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bloody hell.

you were lucky to get the parts paid at least. being an ex fleet bike or whatever it was surely gave them some ownership towards the problem.

when and how did the engine go wrong?

6. Riding down the road. 3rd or 4th gear the rear locked up. Just lucky it was a straight bit of road and I wasn’t going silly speeds. Pulled in the clutch and coasted to a stop.

You would think. Ironically, and appropriate to this thread, I did enquire about extending the warranty when I bought it. Obviously this wasn’t possible. I did point out to Ducati UK that as the original owner, if they had paid the couple of hundred extra for an extended warranty, it would have been a warranty job and there wouldn’t have been any of the hassle!

7. When I bought mine new they didn’t offer me or inform me about any extended warranty.

I’m keeping mine so it’s something I would have liked to have been offered.

8. Do you know what caused the engine failure?
    10k WTF...

9. Not sure why, but stems from the conrod/crank connection. The bearing shell (if that is the right term) disintegrated, and the reason it cost so much is that some of the debris got between the crank and the crank case, scoring a few groves in it... so crank/conrod/crank case/oil pump all starts to add up (I think the crank is about £2k).
    A079C1B3-01D5-4545-BB35-C3A453CED22D.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information