1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get out today?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AirCon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. may go Loomies way if temp hits double figures

2. I'm 50/50 but still don't have a multi

3. I went out..... Mistake pissing down like he'll got to Cambridge, seen a friend. Wanted to go to x spot but to wet turned around to go home. Spark plug wire that split about 2 months ago (made temp fix and forgot) has now split in two 1 mile from Stansted services. Singled it there, and made temp fix. Having coffee will attempt to go home soon. Hope the broken wire was not touching anything important as electrics might be fried.

4. Ok so game on! Beacons field services 10:30 any rider welcome....any bike too....no need to be restrictive here, or how do you folks feel?

5. A ride was never on the cards for me today - had a rough night with some inconsiderate arseholes ringing our front door bell at 1am, because they were looking for a party in one of the other flats in our block.

Let me know how it went!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OK...thank you Fritz for turning up, so that I was not “Billy no mates”.

As a middle aged White English guy, the fact that you've a strong German accent and are called Fritz meant that I'm NEVER going to forget your name.
    My tacit agreement to a cross county run to Aylesbury Ducati didn't mean to include my agreement to reenact "DAS BOOT".
    I knew my Ducati Multistrada had a cross country ability, I was truly unaware (until today) of it's amphibious ability.
    Dressed in paddock boots and Kevlar jeans means that I’m not a true biker (clad in cow), however I was glad of my +500 dives and PADI rescue diver training today.
    After crossing +10 ford river crossings (one of which could embarrass the Thames/Rhine) the last straw was the one where the water went over your knee length boots.
    At one crossing an inquisitive cyclist asked how deep it was?, and complimented both of us on our “lovely bikes”.
    I replied with not sure how deep it is, but I’ve got really (substitute actual suitable language here) cold NUTS.

If you are considering another navigation across the Caribbean or the Mediterranean I’m interested, however another late November trip across Oxford etc underwater is not my idea of fun!

Depending on your sense of humor you are either going to be deeply offended by my dialogue or ammused.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hi Paul
    my sincerest apologies, that last Fjord crossing caught me out. I assumed it would be as deep as the previous ones ie up to or a little over the tyres. Got a bit worried when suddenly it was over the boots. Just had to keep going then!

Then I was on the other side and there was no way I was going back again....so pushed on to Ducati Aylesbury with the hope that you would find another drier route to there! Waited there about 20 minutes until the cold got the better of me. Did you get my PM which I sent from my phone?

Das Boot is good...haha, I did think of raising the periscopre at the mid crossing point :)

I enjoyed the run though, even if its going take me a year to get the bike clean again! Bloody hell I am surprised she didnt drown in the water, I checked afterwards and the water definitley was over the top of the front cylinder.

Obviously these Mutleys are made of sterner stuff! looking forward to next Sunday, and I promise, no river crossings!

Cheers Fritz

PS The strong german accent is actually South African, but Ill explain next time over a beer and a pie :smile:

#47 Multi rider, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  8. I had a short blast on a YBR this morning. :smile:

9. Any west London MOACA keen on a ride this Sunday? Meet at Beaconsfield services junction 2 on the M40 at 10:30 for 11:00 departure?

I promise we will stay away from rivers and fords :)

10. Sorry Fritz, not me I've not dried out yet, still loads of water out there and with these temperatures we could be re-enacting Titanic this time LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr met office says....[h=3]Sunday:[/h]Dry and bright for much of the day for most areas. However during the afternoon it will become cloudier from the west, with rain developing during the evening. Maximum temperature 5 °C.
    5deg C that's plus....so no ice lets go!

12. May make an appearance, bugs.

13. Looking forward to meeting you there Bugs!

I will be there for 10:30, fill up and wait at the costa coffee shop at the main building! Red mutley number plate ending rry!

Anyone else want to join? You will be most welcome!

14. Gonna give it a raincheck, heavy late night last night. Defo next time. Worn-out bugs.

15. Forecast for Sunday touch and go??? Possibly cloudy and dry in the morning with showers later!

Am keen for a ride, so currently planning a 10:30 am coffee at beaconsfield services....ready for a 11:00 am ride direction Thame oxon.

Anyone want to join? :upyeah:

16. Possibly, but NO more river crossings.
    Ducati should add an extra specification to the data on the multistrada

Draft = 950mm (freshwater)

17. Not to worry will bring a snorkel :biggrin:
    there was an article in mcn on a Vstrom this week going through a river crossing.....ha I thought, been there done that!

No seriously will let you or someone else set the pace :wink: After all she's a nice clean girl again!

18. Mr Met office says:
    [h=3]Sunday:[/h]A mostly cloudy, breezy day, with a little brightness at first, but also with some mostly light rain at times, more especially later in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 9 °C.
    Updated: 1641 on Sat 8 Dec 2012

So I think it will be OK tomorrow. See you all there at 10h30!

19. Sorry Fritz, hope others make it. In bed with virus or flu.

20. Hi Paul, no worries, although your flu cost me a lot of money!

You see when no one turned up, I went for a ride on my own and landed up at a motorbike accesories shop where I promptly spent a lot of money on one of those Keis heated jackets....:))

They didnt have snorkels, but then today none was needed :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information