1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get out today?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AirCon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Keis heated jackets ........i assume you have to plug this into a power point ? cold legs is what i seem to get , do they do heated pants ?

2. You can buy a lead for them that plugs straight into one of the accessory plugs on your bike or just hard wire into the battery. I don't think that Keis do heated trousers but they do heated insoles which are great when it's really cold but if you run them directly from the plug in the jacket you can't turn them down and if you're riding all day you'll feel as if your heels have been sun tanned pretty badly. Nothing that doesn't ease off when the insoles are turned off but slightly disconcerting when you're riding because it really does feel as if you're doing some damage.

3. I did not see heated trousers. Keis Heated Motorcycle Clothing, Heated Gloves, Heated Clothes

But as said they do have the insoles. They also do a "regulator" so I assume one can plug it straight into the bike system and have on and off, or via the regulator where one can adjust/regulate the temperature. (the insoles and cloves all plug into the jacket which is connected to the regulator)

The system comes with connectors straight to the battery, but I have ordered the cigarette plug system as I want to be able to remove the system easily.

Will keep you posted once its up and running :)

4. You can also buy a lead that plugs into an Optimate socket so you can use it on any bike fitted with one of those if it doesn't have an accessory socket. I'd have to go and search for the leads but I think the plug that goes into an accessory socket is the larger UK standard rather than the small ones fitted to the Multi. Not a problem in itself but it's another connection to come apart leaving you feeling cold.

5. Any of the MOACA going out tomorrow ?

Mr Met Office says about Sunday:

Bright or sunny spells and showers, with the showers again mainly over more southern parts of the region where some will be heavy. Remaining rather breezy. Maximum temperature 10 °C.

Im keen so will be there (beaconsfield services) for coffee at 10:30!:upyeah:

6. Yeah, me. Thanks for the copyright acknowledgment :)

7. Cool so we'll see you at Beaconsfield services at 10h30 for 11:00 departure.
    Normally at the bottom by the coffee shop and disabled parking!

8. I may turn up, currently fighting a large rat that seems to want to take up residence with my Dukes...not happy at the moment as the rat is winning.
    Our three Maine Coons are unable to locate him/her (please dont let her be pregnant). It likes to knock the rat traps on the floor, then eat the food.
    Topic bars, cornflakes and sugar are it's favorites. I've tried blocking holes with wire wool, then concrete / builders foam...the rat likes to eat all of these.
    I hate using posion, but it may be my only option. I only ever see the rat when I'm unarmed, so have the latest Crossman Rat Catcher Air Rifle doesnt help!

9. Hey Paul perhaps you can bring the rat along :))

Hope the pesky thing doesn't munch any wires

10. I'm not surprised he keeps coming back if you are displaying delicacies like that in the trap!

Warning story:

A mate of mine was plagued with a rat in his room in India, so he got some poison and eventually found the thing writhing around dieing under his bed. After bludgeoning it to death he buried it outside, where one of the local pigs ate it and died of poisoning. He was then confronted by the local Pig man, a formidable fellow, who demanded a thousand Rupees compensation (£14) which my mate had to pay up. We didn't hear the end of that for ages as he was notoriously tight. Really pissed him off.

#70 CRYSTALJOHN, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Loving the extra big font.

Would love to meet up as live in west London, but currently on hols missing the mts but not the weather.

Defo will come out in January for sure even if just for a Mac'd brekkie.

Bugs

12. Anyone out tomo ? I will b making an appearance at the above times! Bugs

13. I got out today, delivered a rear 900ss cylinder head to Geoff at Baines's

14. Little spin up to Masham today 10c lovely

15. Rode to Wallington near Oxford on Saturday! Great ride, nice weather, Delilah was smiling.....Tested my Xmas pressents....Bugs missed your post, otherwise I would have been there!

16. My Multi's not been out for a while, but I took the Guzzi out for a thrash on Saturday. Perfect day for it too, over 10 degrees and drying roads. By the time I got back the bike was filthy, so that was sunday's spare time booked...

17. I took the Multi for a 15k service to Woods and they gave me an Explorer 1200 as a courtsey bike and i rode home through Snowdonia , The roads were very quiet.

18. I took the Multi out on Sunday morning but only to go to my lock up and swap it for my Tenere ready for this years trip to the Elefant. I've managed to convince myself that using the Multi for a trip like that would be really stupid even though I've also convinced myself that it'd scrub up ok afterwards.

19. I have just today collected my Multi from its 15,000 miles service at Metropolis. 8 hours work @ £90 ph, filters, fluids, spark plugs, belts, desmo shims, etc including replacing Ohlins fork seals total £1,094 plus VAT. I bet yours worked out less, being in the sticks and all.

Bike has always gone very well, now even better.

20. Service was £577 here in the sticks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information