1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a 2013 bike yet

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Aztec, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Had the call today my PP will be ready for the 1st of march !:smile:

2. Very pleased to hear the new screen is greatly improved, but I think the vents in the fairing are more to do with cooling the new lights.....

3. Thanks for the heads up on the Shoei Neotec . I called into the Dealer today and they will contact Shoei to whether a new vent can be fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I took the standard 2013 screen of the bike tonight and lined up my 2012 Puig short screen to see if their might be a simple way of making the 2013 screen fit a 2012 bike. I think it would be quiet difficult as not only does the 2013 screen have four fixing points with the top two fixing points wider than the 2012 screen, the 2013 screen is also much flatter.

Multi Rod, I reckon you are correct the slots over the top of the lights and vents at the rear would definitely cool the lights but it also acts to remove a lot of the air that came through this space on the 2012 bike. You can feel this effect when riding the bike.

5. My dealer did mine with no fuss whasoever, it's a known issue. Tell them that you have water coming in through the vent.

6. It's arrived Mutly.jpg

Mutly.jpg

7. Coach the bike looks fantastic and mine is here too ! :biggrin:
    Pick it up next Friday !

8. Your picture brings a tear to the eyes Coach. Its raining here and crap weather forecast for the weekend so all I will be doing is cleaning mine. Your going to enjoy riding it.

9. getting mine delivered next friday. could have had it delivered earlier but its getting some bling fitted and its not all there.

10. Hasn't it got enough bling ? So what are you adding ? :rolleyes: Got me thinking if I have missed something that I should have ordered.
    cheers

11. heated grips, rack, radiator guard, oil cooler guard, tail tidy, some R&G crash protection. also got a header guard, cylinder head guard and an ABS protector as well as a satin carbon front fender extender and an upper & lower chain guard waiting to be fitted here so i can remove the splash guard.

12. Would be nice to see some pics when you get it then. Looks like I will be adding more goodies in due course. I went for the heated grips and top box, how dull ! :wink:

13. Having put over 30,000+ miles onto my 2010 MTS the choice was trade it in at a reasonable price or do another 30K and not get a reasonable price anywhere! So trade in for 2013 MTS it was and I now have 400m on a 2013 MTS and initial impressions are as follows:-

The DS Engine - This is a major improvement! Much smoother across the (Currently) limited rev range and pulls like a train from very low revs with no jerks at all - just pulls cleanly and keeps on pulling.

Sachs Skyhook Suspension - Different from the Ohlin's for sure. In touring mode it gives a super smooth ride but you do get less feel for the road and the surface under the tyres. There is an unexpected effect from the smooth ride, you can end up going into corners quicker than you thought! Happened twice on roads I know and it is because everything seems so smooth that you don't realise that you are going that bit quicker. In Sport Mode with just single rider selected there is no Skyhook activated (despite what the book says!) and the Sachs units give a pretty firm ride with good feedback from the road and the tyres. I am told then when you select Sports +luggage etc. then DSS is activated. This means solo rider in sports mode is the track day setting. Only played a little with Urban so far but seems just like the old Urban mode.

Brakes - Feel much better, more solid and certainly do stop the bike, even the back one works.

Screen - Much better - not perfect (yet) - still playing with it but no buffeting and a motorway 80mph on the mid setting (there are 5 slots that it clicks into so that is No 3) was quiet with ear plugs in and using a C3 helmet. It will be easy to do big mileage on it but I may well try the larger screen in the future. The standard screen vibrates bit at times this is due to play in the centre slot, a piece of 5mm thick rubber under the tip of the mounting bracket stopped it but that falls out if you moved the screen on the move. Have now fitted layers of black insulating tape in thin strips along the sides of the centre slot, the screen moves easily and in my case 3 layers took out the play and has stopped the vibration, done carefully it is also invisible.

New Lights - The LED Headlamps are excellent - the tin cans notice you and some have even pulled over to let me through! Certainly an improvement and all 4 lamps come on with High Beam (the 2010 MTS had the mod anyway) and you get emergency flashers now as well. The original High Beam bulbs have been replaced with Osram Night Breakers as the original Ducati bulbs looked like candles next to the LED lamps.

Seat - I have the Comfort seat fitted and it feels even better than the old one, well is it new! There is more room to move back on the seat and I don't feel the pillion seat ridge when riding. The centre stand needs another 10mm off the lever leg as my heel touches it and will push it down a bit - again better but not perfect.

Evotech guards on both Oil and Water radiators and the Touratech engine guard fitted and dealer swapped the tyres to PR3's (the ugly ones) so now ready to do the next 30k miles.

For those interested I did look at the Honda 1200 Crosstourer - no character, the Honda engineers have taken the fun out of the bike, very good bike, suspension is quite hard but works well, turbine like engine but no soul.
    Triumph 1200 Explorer, lovely engine but didn't like the electronic throttle (could have been the bike I rode) , good value even with all the bits added - but it doesn't handle like an MTS the front end let it down. very comfortable but vague in corners felt like it would run on and not turn.
    The new KTM may be worth a try in 2 or 3 years time but for now I am very happy with the new 2013 MTS. It has got a different feel and that will take a little getting used to but in a month or so I am sure it will feel like just like to old one - but better!

• Like Like x 3
  14. I shall be getting the 2013 MTS 1200S touring at end March - very excited. I traded in 2012 model of the same bike, should be interesting to see comparisons. Thanks to Veetwin for detailed info, I shall report my findings/feelings if anyone would like to know! Take care out there.

15. Great write up Veetwin. Sums up the new model nicely.

16. Yet good news. Picking mine up on the 9 march.

Is there any adjustability with the seat? Would like it a tiny bit lower.

17. You can get a lower seat check the accessories. £177 quid though !

18. Yeah. Sounds like a plan. I was hoping there different height settings like the tiger.

19. Would be cheaper to get seat re-profiled from somewhere like caulfield leather or similar, to your specific requirements

20. I might have to look into this. Lets see how I get on with it first.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information