1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a 2013 bike yet

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Aztec, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Just a word of warning here, if you sit on a 2013 bike with the ignition off (hence the engine is not running) it will feel high and hard as the active suspension is NOT activated. Ignition on and (I think) engine running it will go to the selected setting and hence will drop a bit as you sit on it. This may be the reason some think it too high if you just sit on one at a show or in a dealer, it needs to be powered up to give you the real ride height. Reason is that if the DSS system fails it reverts to the "High and Hard" feel so you can ride it home / to a dealer.

2. Hi all, just joined today and thought I would drop a line to say hello and answer your original question as a "YES"

Picked up my 2013 MTS base model from Metropolis Barnet on Friday afternoon and so far mega impressed.

Guys at Metropolis were spot on and definately worth dealing with, good old customer service, you cant beat it!!

001.jpg

Only done 80 miles so far so cant say I know everything about them but completely different than my last GS.

I did test ride a Multistrada last February and August, but for me (no doubt jumping off a GS made it worse) I found it to lumpy low down and hence stayed with the GS until now.

However I still fancied a taste of Ducati ownership (gotta be done once in your life I guess) so I was thinking of switching to a Multistrada with the thought that I would get used to the engine after a short while, so when the 2013 model was announced that was good enough for me to bust my budget for.

Looking forward to the year ahead, roll on...

001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey sinbad. Bike looks really great. I'm picking my red s touring too. I have to wait until next Saturday as its being prepped now.

I'm coming from a triple engine to the multi, so like you ill have to get used to character of this bike.

Don't know if you have many mods but I can recommend the pannier liners from eBay. £39 or 34. They are black and have a white emblem on the bottom left. I hear these liners are needed as otherwise things would just fall out.

4. In a shameless plug i have a brand new unused set for sale £30 posted, not used but decided to get ducati ones as had the ducati top box bag.

5. As you have both how do the ducati and eBay ones compare and what is the difference? Also where did you get your ducati ones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The ducati ones are a bit easier on the eye, some nice vinyl inserts and red piping. They also have a net divider inside and a zip pocket. I bought them on here but i notice ducati glasgow list them on their website.

The non ducati ones are the same shape/expandable etc, have rubber feet on the underside. Come with clip on shoulder straps. No internal pockets etc. basically, sturdy but basic.

7. Yes the Ducati ones certainly do look premium for sure. I think I'll try out the side panniers I have now and see how they go. I need a top box liner so may get the set in the future once I have found my feet with the new bike.

8. Sinbad, great bike glad you are enjoying it. Picked my PP up on Friday late afternoon and it is most impressive ! Put 200 miles on over the weekend roll on the next 400 to get that 1st service done. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Guys,

I was sent this link over the weekend for a top box inner bag, looks a decent bag for the money

Sportouring Bike Accessories

I already purchased the Ducati Pannier bags with the bike but cant comment on what they are like as I have not used them yet, they do look good quality though.

10. They don't seem to be exactly the right size for a DP topbox, I wonder if it matters?

11. I have used these for years

HELD 9440 Saddlebag Inner Bags

Tough, Waterproof, fit any pannier or top box and no badges hence cheap and do the job very well.

12. Another day and another 100 miles, this is truly an addictive bike ! Roll on tomorrow and I had better book that 1st service for next week. :smile:

13. Nice, 5 more sleeps for me now!

14. I am sure it will be well worth the wait ! You will love it and rave about it !
    Bloody hell I'm 46 and feel like a big kid :biggrin:

15. Here's an old thread! Just wondering who's still got their 2013 Multis? Where you happy with them over their life? What issues did you have with it? How many kms did you rack up? Do you still have it?

I've still got mine! Its the ABS model. 26000km over a mix of longer trips and a bit of commuting. No major issues except for the ABS problem (which after many trips to the dealer, touch wood, seemed to be related to the front wheel not being seated correctly after getting tyres replaced). I found the base suspension good and handling to be great when set up properly. I still love riding it and think it looks great. I did toss up trading up to the 1260, but apart from getting the active suspension, Im not sure Id enjoy the ride any more. I suppose the day will come though...….

Keen to hear your stories.

Rgds,

PK1

• Like Like x 1
  16. Still got my 2013 pp, 9k miles all but a handful 2 up with the good lady pillion, only issues were fuel sender and gear position sensor all covered by warranty, everything is in 100% condition with no corrosion of any kind on any part of the bike, it still looks and rides like new, and is a keeper.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Hi I got mine in June 2019 a lovely PP and I absolutely love it I'm the 2nd owner and it's going to snells for its 15,000 MLS Desmond service in February since owning the bike I have covered 4,000 miles
    I have fitted new tyres a low seat which I'm going to get resculptured to make it a bit easier for me to touch the floor I've had heated grips fitted and while it's in for its service snells are fitting a hand free filler cap and possibly new chain and sprockets
    At present there is no bike in the market that I would replace the multi with so it's a keeper

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bought mine in 2015 abs model with 2000 miles on it. now up to 18000. My first Ducati and the longest I have ever kept a bike. Test rode 1260 as I fancied a change, but preferred my own. (more comfy, and better wind protection) Only issues have been the fuel sender and the side stand switch being replaced. It has no corrosion and looks like new.

19. Great to see there are still a few around! I too had to replace the fuel sender unit.

20. I still have my 2014 Pikes Peak, I’ve done 28k miles since new, all fast road riding in the UK and annual European trips.

Issues have been:
    Steering head bearing failure at 2k miles, fixed under warranty
    Rear light mounting failed at 15k miles replaced at own cost
    Main engine bearing failure at 26k miles, full engine rebuild cost £2k

I don’t plan on getting rid of it anytime soon, it’s amazing.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information