1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anyone Have A Panigale Nicked?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by comfysofa, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lads I am an insurance broker (not motor) and I had difficulty insuring my 1299s basically down to value. Seems anything above 18k is difficult. other then the 3rd party element you get insurance to protect you pride and joy.
    it's your own choice. We have all be conditioned to think cheap premium by online firms. Cheap is not the best. My suggestion is use a broker. They are there to seek the best product for you and there to help in the event of a claim. Too many people take the first offer from insurers. Argue your case. Take pictures of you bike and what you have done to it. (make sure you declare that element as well) Keep a log of everything. The more detail you provide the less argument there is. Take it from me there are a lot of people out there that abuse insurance so unfortunately we all get treated the same. The ones who put up a stronger case are few and far between so insurers respond accordingly. Ducati Insurance came to my rescue. Anyway thinking about the experience I might explore what I see as a gap in the market.

2. Insured my 1299s for a tad above £200 full comp 3000 miles £500 excess and
    NO TRACKER or ALARM !!
    I do have 18 years ncb, not accident free but didn't claim.

3. Trackers seem to make fuck all difference to your premiums

Yet another ridiculous thing to do with insurance. Honestly when I sit and think about insurance it boils my piss.

They are no better than thieves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well my bike got stolen today at 1715. Tracker told me that. It is now back home in garage. So it works.

Question as it was recovered by police do I have to declare it to insurance company? If so will it impact my premium as it it does I might as well claim for the minimal damage.

5. When I fit mine, I was told that you get a discount for A security device and not multiple. That meant my chain gave me the discount and the tracker was simply ignored. Only one discount allowed and it was a pathetic discount anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Glad to hear you got it back, had my taken and recovered in the same day a couple of months ago. I informed the insurance company re the theft prior to it getting recovered as thought that was the last time I would see it but cancelled the claim the next day. When I renewed my insurance the next month it went up by £75 due to the increased risk, it was taken from my garage.

7. I'd not say a word or they'll mark it Stolen/Recovered and it could also affect resale or trade in value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Unfortunately fraud, but as insurance companies are criminals I'm coming round to the idea they deserve it (my other rant about DI putting my premium up £400 because some idiot hit the door of my car!). However, if it was ever discovered you would find it very hard to ever get insurance again. They deserve to be lied to, but is it really worth risking?!

It is a good question though, because we add these trackers to get our bikes back to save the insurance company money, and end up just as punished as if we just let the things be stolen.....

9. It's already cat D more worried about premium hike for no reason. It is just as likely to get nicked again as it was yesterday since I will park in same area as that is where I work

10. I think the wording is "any accidents or claims". They neglect to mention thefts as they expect that to fall under the claims banner.

I don't tell them about every accident either. I accidentally scraped a wall with the car the other day. It's a bit of trim I can get for £30. Frankly, I don't think they should be allowed to ask in the same way they shouldn't be able to ask about points for 5 years when they come off your license after 3.

You don't get health insurance companies upping your payments for every cold you have but don't claim for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You don't have to state accidents that you don't claim for do you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. You don't have to state accidents that you don't claim for do you?

13. According to them, yes.

14. I agree on the 5 year thing - if the DVLA & Police write them off after 3 years, why should it be of a concern to an insurance company thereafter (other than to wring the last few quid out of punters).

Bob J, the broker above, has a fair point about the scammers who are taking the insurance companies to the cleaners and then we have to cover those costs, however the insurance firms don't help themselves, and here is an example. over a year ago my eldest had a very slight accident where he nudged somebody at the approach to a roundabout. travelling at not more than 5 mph, his car has a bit of paint damage to the bumper, the other had a small dent in the plastic bumper. The woman in the car said "oh no, I've only just got it back from where somebody did exactly the same", and went on to claim whiplash, shoulder, back etc injuries for her and the 2 children in the car. the compo-culture does affect all of our premiums in instances like this and something need sto be done about it (I hear that there will be new laws in place where soft tissue injury compo will be paid directly to the providers, e.g. physios, doctors, etc - a step in the right direction if true).

Anyway - for comparison of insurance, fully comp for 998s (£10k) and Monster M900 (£2k) with helmet/leather cover, breakdown recovery, EU cover, legal cover, etc £277 via Bemoto

Pete

15. Ha so according to them you have to tell them. Other end of scale try finding option incident reported as theft, claim not maid. So far did not find insurer giving option to disclose incident and say not claimed,

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I wouldn't be telling them shit

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Where did you find this info at? I am just trying to purchase a stolen or crashed Ducati 1199 or 1299 for the engine for my kit car.

18. a kit car with a pani engine... Give us a go mister :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cross Border Police‏Verified account @XBorderCops
    Morning all. Just found a van in @NorthantsPolice area used in o/night burglary in @CambsCops area. 2 stolen Ducati's intact... Colin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    1:18 AM - 29 Apr 2017
    33 replies90 retweets229 likes

20. why not have a high excess and insure the excess on a separate policy , that's what I do.
    It's not as big a saving as it used to be , but its better than nowt

Do Not Sell My Personal Information