1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Anyone Have A Panigale Nicked?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by comfysofa, Apr 30, 2017.

1. I like that

2. Blimey thats steep how old are you 18 ?

3. 29, with 8 years no claims on the car and no points on the licence at the time of insuring it. I've got 3 points since then. I live in what's considered not a very nice area and I'm a male hospital doctor. Those two things keep my insurance up. Even my car insurance on a car worth £4000 cost £500 or so.

4. That's not good. I live in what's classed as a high risk area and my insurance for car is £220 a year fully comp. the bikes are on a multi policy fully comp again 1199s 1098 s street fighter and special edition 848 evo and costs me £600

5. and I just paid 260 for scooter and my insurance company does not do scooters :)

6. I work in the bike trade and the majority of customers want their bikes back rather than written off.

It's hard work for us trying to juggle the numbers to come under a write off (repairing rather than replacing).

I've seen an Aprilia Tuouno written off for a scratch on it's painted frame that we and the customer said could be repaired and repainted..

Storage fees are a con along with bike rental etc, these accident services work hand in hand with the insurance companies imho.

7. "Anyone Have A Panigale Nicked?"
    Not at the moment, will go out tonight and pick you one...any preferences 1299S or 1199R? :):)

8. I noticed.

During my hyper prang my insurance company was not interested in helping me unless I take a rental bike form them.
    I was told I cannot fix on my own, I cannot have it fixed by dealer until claim is settled so I need rental bike for that period or they cannot assist. I knew it's a scam with rental bike bit but had enough grief for day and then they wrote off hyper due to costs.

Worse is when I said ok rental bike I then want like for like they said yes no problem and provided me with suzuki 750 gsf.
    I asked how is that like for like to which I was told this is what we offer. Cost of 180GBP a day!!!!

9. Had a touch with my last insurance rental. Tried giving me a CB500 and then I asked for a call back with a better offer. Got a call back from the company owner who straight away went into the "hello fella, saw your name come across my desk. It's been years, how you been?". Turns out I'd chatted to him for ages on a previous bike rental thing, he'd remembered me. Told me not to worry and he'd make sure to sort a better bike.

Next thing I know, the garage mechanic's track prepped ninja turned up at my door.

It's not what you know, it's who you know :cool:

10. Still not a hyper :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information