1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone into Ducati Push Rod Singles ?

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Fastmonkey, Sep 9, 2013.

1. I've just bought a 1959 98 TS to have a play with, I've never restored a bike before so am probably taking on way more than I can cope with and it'll end up costing me £1k's...... but I fancy something I can take apart and have a go at.

Here it is from the for sale add, the missing bits are all in boxes that come with it I'm told !

myTS_zps1cf23d29.jpg

So anyone on here into them , know much about them etc. etc.

myTS_zps1cf23d29.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Thats great !!! id love to have a project like that, good luck with it :upyeah:

3. Facebook a chap l know he is well into stuff like that
    his name is Gary Jenkins he posts on the DOCGB Page
    regards Steve

4. Cool I will thanks

5. I Have a couple of 450 RTs (granted these are bevels, but still fairly early as both 1971).
    You could also contact Chris Bushell as he has loads of info and knowledge about all the early stuff. He helped me rebuild one of my engines.
    Not sure if he is on here or not ?
    He posts on ducatisportingclub dot Com though.

Cheers,
    John.

#5 John W, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. This has come a long way since I last posted, completely back to original spec and all the parts fixed on, lighting and electrics all wired up correctly (no battery yet), all cabled up, everything checked over, engine running etc.

Not sure anyone on here will be interested in this but it is going up for sale when I get a chance to get the advert done. Will be UK road registered for the sale and runs and rides. The engine set up still needs some work I think, it could run better but my limited talents have taken it as far as I can get it !
    It'll be up for sale at £1500 so send me a message if you are interested.

7. I'm in the process of restoring a 1959 175TS ready to do the Moro Giro d'Italia. Chassis is nearly done and the engine stripped, blasted and nearly ready to reassemble. Give yourself loads of time and dosh!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information