1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know This 999 (bu05 Cjy)?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by taazzukcb, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Possibly having a look at this 999, but the guy has no history on it at all. 28000 miles ish and no service history.

Also, is that definitely a full 54mm Termi system on there?

Seems to be a little overpriced with miles and the fact it has no history. Said the previous owner had a lot to doing with Ducati community and did it all himself, so thought I'd ty and do some digging :).

Thanks all.

Speccheck_Image 2018-04-26 at 10.06.44.jpg

Speccheck_Image 2018-04-26 at 10.02.39.jpg

2. Also seen an 848 and it's making me wonder which way to go, 999's have always intrigued me though!

3. How much?

4. £4k ...

Just the no history that's worrying.

5. Fairings look Chinese, not a massive issue but I'd be wanting to pay £500 less.

Looks like a 03/04 base from the swing arm and forks.

With millage and lack of history I'd say £4k personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. If you don't know if/when the valve clearance checks were done and you can't do yourself then budget £1000 for a service.

7. 4k is probably about right for the mileage and lack of history imho.

8. Yes, the fairings are definitely not OEM.
    The exhaust has no fixings for a heat shield and there is a join behind where the heat shield would go that is not there on a an OEM exhaust.
    Grey swingarm looks as though it's been painted black.

9. My, you lot are a helpful bunch :) ...

Let me get the rest of the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here they are :):

s-l1600 (18).jpg s-l1600 (17).jpg s-l1600 (16).jpg s-l1600 (15).jpg s-l1600 (14).jpg s-l1600 (13).jpg s-l1600 (12).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

11. @Exige is the 999 man - he'll be here soon.....:eyes:

12. What is that weird bracket in front of the suspension unit?

13. DVLA are saying its mot ran out on the 5th April, no history with it and possibly with aftermarket fairings. Have you done a hpi on it?

14. Looks like a home made heat shield.

15. If so it's doing nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. L/h fairing should have two bulges and a vent that just aren't there.

17. No HPI yet, I was seeking thoughts before putting anything into HPI etc.

Sounding like it might be a bit of a mish mash though ...

I did notice the weird bracket thing, just assumed it was something to doing with the Termi system. Guess not ...

MOT wise it's listed as 'Short MOT' ... so if it's now expired as of the 5th, he's been selling it for a good while then.

18. Unless you can knock him down a fair bit, I would hold out for a nicer one and pay more.
    Worth waiting as the 999 is an awesome machine

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Theres too many ifs and buts with this. 28k is fine with a FSH, but without? I'd walk away or pay £3K tops and take my chances. Replica fairings worry me too, I'd be looking for crash damage and bolts with wire holes. The painted swingarm too worries me. This possibly may have been a track bike. If the price is right, then fair enough but I agree with Old Rider.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Looks shit :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information