1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Anyone Looking For A 749s Nero?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by MushHaze, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Airwaves isn't a colour.

WTF you on about, Angelo?

• Crap Crap x 1
  2. Amended for you ;)

• WTF WTF x 2
  3. Sell the 3 bikes and fund this chiz you tight arse

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Trollette :eek:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
  5. Temper temper Elise : o )

Get busy now, save the forum from itself : o D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. On my way! I have a message from Chris to go and read... :motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sorted amicably :innocent::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Unwanted stock!! How dare you.. My Nero was rare and desirable and had all the Chassis Numbers correct, unlike some peoples bodged together prototypes......(Did you see what I did there?);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Oversprayed your bike black? Or DUK did :eyes:
    Did you fall asleep? V.lazy :thinkingface:

10. Deffo not oversprayed as I had the fairings off every week to check...and the frame was gloss black (ok slightly grey/black) as someone scratched it through to the metal...

I'm not rising to your puritanical dissection of my old bikes credentials.. I now have a genuine beautiful 1199 base model with a Corse sticker and Samco hoses and a letter from my mum that says its an 'R'....you dont have thirteen of them at home to check against...https://media0.giphy.com/media/8zT0D36Myf9C0/200w.webp

11. I've not counted them recently, Mmmmm :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I thought the Nero was only available as a 999.

There were black 749s and 999s but they were not Nero’s.

Early doors there was also the the 749 dark which was matt black, no steering damper.

13. I am not too sure but I think the 999 Nero was a UK marketing ploy by Ducati UK, as the Air Waves bikes and hence the A4 photocopy of authentication to show in fact that the Nero was not a genuine factory model designation but a DUK bike. In the UK catalogue's of the time they were all listed as Gloss Black as far as I have seen.
    @Cream_Revenge will be along soon to add that Nero in Italian means Black... :eyes:

14. But the blokes working in the Bologna factory, they'd call 'em nero ...

15. No, a straight translation from the catalogue in Italian is: nero lucido so fek you...

file_21950_column_dog-mad-at-me.jpg

16. Pfft. The Bologna factory workers have no time for reading catalogues, unlike your immensely indolent self. They call the black bikes "nero", if they see one and have time to comment.

Now find some work you can do and go do it, Yorkie Bar.

: o D

17. Busy here : unamused:

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. I know. Feel a bit bad now.

: o D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information