1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone On Here From The Us?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Clearly Advikaz is thinking of changing himself. Via his lifestyle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. one of my lads moved to Edmonton Canada to work for a couple of years,then came back tho he had full residency rights, an old boss lived all over Canada and ran a few workshops for over 20years. yip, there chilled enough, mostly about the wrong things, their words,not mine. the pay and conditions are bollox apparently, in the manual sector anyhoo, yip you get handed a big wedge of cash monthly, but with only 10-15 days payed holiday. you get all the hours you want, and don't, are expected/demanded of you, pay for this or that insurance.
    i pay considerably less :upyeah: but he is considerably better off over here. with a lot more free time. ,

3. @Sam1199 the news is exactly the same in the USA. It's the same the world over. It's doom and gloom that gets reported. Good news stories get two mins at the end of a programme.

You also said
    And you are absolutely right. They don't work like we do. They are chancers, and it's a cultural thing. I'm absolutely amazed that they've ever become a "Super Power" from my experience of "movers and shakers" in the USA.

4. I'm with your wife on thet. I hate Creepie-Crawlies. :worried: Never mind a great big crocodile / alligator. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. "He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery."
    Harold Wilson, January 1967.

6. If you run from something, it will still be there at the other end. If you are running too something then the journey is just the beginning of something new. Me eating my bacon roll, 11.42am 19th feb 2018

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. I just ate a whole pack of American bacon!

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. The company I work for are based in San Diego so I've spent some time there. Wonderful part of the world. Expensive though...

9. Here is my fancy pretentious quote...
    Britain is fucked and I see no way of it becoming unfucked.
    I'm hoping to move out of it within a few years...Few ducks to line up first.

#29 Nelson, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. The price of gas (petrol) and cars :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

[​IMG]

11. This isn’t aimed at anyone on here but honestly the amount of people who have gone out of there way to tell me how fantastic England is and how America is so much worse in apparently every way lol.

Can’t work out if it’s jealousy or just that they’re that unhappy they don’t like the idea of someone ‘getting out’.

I can’t really understand what’s supposedly that great about the uk? Even if America is similar as the uk at least the parts I’m looking at has better weather lol and I’ll take that thank you very much.

My family who are in the states love the place, they originally lived in England themselves but moved away years ago and never looked back. A lot of my friends have buggered off to Australia as well as it goes.

12. This isn’t aimed at anyone on here but honestly the amount of people who have gone out of there way to tell me how fantastic England is and how America is so much worse in apparently every way lol. These are often the same people who moan about the uk relentlessly!

Can’t work out if it’s jealousy or just that they’re that unhappy they don’t like the idea of someone ‘getting out’.

I can’t really understand what’s supposedly that great about the uk? Even if America is similar as the uk at least the parts I’m looking at has better weather lol and I’ll take that thank you very much.

My family who are in the states love the place, they originally lived in England themselves but moved away years ago and never looked back. A lot of my friends have buggered off to Australia as well as it goes. In fact my dads entire family moved out of Britain, they’re scattered all over the place. Half of my mums family don’t live here permanently either.

13. I'd just like to say, as an American, that I had a bacon sandwich last night in the bar ... which considering where I am in the world at this moment in time, is a remarkable statement.

/obscure

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Pig Island?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm with you. I think people are either in denial or jealous that people can leave. Like the people complaining about working less and having more free time. Really? That's a bad thing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Go for it!! It's easy to find the negatives in any decision you have to make in life.

You're young, hopefully both in good health so have an adventure.

Our son lived in Tampa for three years, both he and his wife loved the climate, lifestyle and their neighbours; work is work wherever you are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah - Australia...everything wants to kill you...my mate went over about 8 years ago or so. He was a traffic officer in the london met. We met them at that time when we got a last minute deal to the Maldives (when last minute deals existed). My wife still chats with them and they seem happy....i remember at the time i asked him..."d'ya get a gun?" to which he replied "You get two!".....his knickname when he was in in the London met was "Tacklebury"....i think that says it all...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. No one else is going to write your memories for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. With regards to ET's response about their work ethic id have to disagree (in the nicest possible way)

Last time we were there (we usually take the family to Florida and do the water park/disney thing etc etc) We were travelling down the i4 i think it is to Universal and on the side of the road was a massive gantry on the side of the road (traffic signs and lights and the like) - 2 days later...it was up and working....

Time before we were coming back from Busch Gardens and came in the back way to our place and they were tarmacking a cross roads (a five lane wide crossroads) 4 days later it was done (all 4 entrances) about 500 yards back.

In stark contrast it took the local council in my area 18 months to re-do a stretch of road 200 yards long and when finished is now a major bottleneck. Awesome.

20. Have you been to the Red Lobster Inn near Busch Gardens? How was it looking?

I worked there for a year, many years ago. Good times.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information