1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Organised That Once In A Lifetime Trip ?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Jun 20, 2018.

1. It has been suggested (by me) that as it’s my 65th birthday next year Carole and I should do something special and the favourite would appear to be Mugello for the MotoGP. I have found a number of companies offering VIP packages through the internet but was hoping that someone on here might have used one of them or could recommend a company ? Not too concerned about flights as that is the easy part, it’s the posh hotel, MotoGP VIP Village access and I notice with one company, Moto3 or Moto2 team sponsored tickets giving access to the garages that I need the help with. Thanks. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I did that last year with EurobikeTrans/Ducati Manchester. Brilliant trip. Sat in the Ducati stand, had access to the Ducati parking etc etc. Brilliant.

I would have done it this year too but as it's WDW this year the majority wanted to do that trip this year. So that's where I will be in a months time :)

3. Did Route 66 in a Mustang convertible 3 years ago - unfortunately the wife wanted to come with me....:(

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. Hi Andy, I have a 'big' birthday as well next year and will be doing the same thing as you as er indoors gets to come along too. what I do I know is that if you intend to do the full hospitality and hotel in Florence (Pole Position I take it ?) then book it as early as you can, basically as soon as next years calendar is announced. It may even be worth ringing them and asking them to sort out a custom package. I did the LCR Honda one at Catalunya last year with garage, pits and grid access and stayed for the test day it was a great experience.

Mugello aint going to be cheap but as you know expect to leave early for the track and dont expect to leave the track early, book decent hospitality that doesn't close its doors when the race is over ! Then again you buy helicopter transfers back into Florence ! Fancy the two up Ducati ride around Mugello ? Now theres a present to yourself !

My homework continues !

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Great info, thanks. The Ducati pillion ride would be my worst nightmare but at some stage will treat Carole who would relish the experience. As you say, homework continues. Andy

6. I'll let you know , what, how, where, and when :upyeah:

7. We did the same trip but off our own backs... 475 quid Eurobiketrans, 60 quid fights, Sunday tickets for motogp were (I think )35 quid and rented a caravan through contacts for 140 quid for the week.

I think Ducati manchester load it up to eye watering levels to about 2000 quid for the trip.

8. A few of us are off to Philip island in Jan. Mrs B isn’t interested, so I will probably be there NYE and come back about 19th. TD is 6-10 so hot some planning to do...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not biking related, but we are trying to decide what to do next year (apart from me as above) as we are both 50 and anniversary will be 25 yrs. think it may go into 2020 and I suspect Mrs B wants a Far East adventure. She loved Japan (disliked China) and wants to go back.

I have suggested 6 weeks in NZ, Aus (which as above she doesn’t want), India (I struggle with the way worm are treated, but place looks beautiful) and even considered a world cruise.

Probably end up on a Greek island somewhere.

10. Iv done my holiday of a lifetime....

Three times.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did a Silverstone weekend hospitality package with Pole Position a couple of years ago - very good indeed. Recommended.

12. Nowhere near my friend. It wasn’t that much more than you paid and we had a 3* hotel with swimming pool, b&b and with secure bike park, for a week. Plus we were in the Ducati stand at the MotoGP. And it included a factory/museum visit to Bologna.

13. Good to ear. I've not looked at Ducati manchester prices for the trip. My yard stick was Ducati leeds (Cobb & jagger) and they had a price of 2.5k for a similar trip a couple of years ago.

14. You have to be a customer of Ducati Manchester. And invited ;)

Incidentally I wouldn't give Ducati Leeds (neither the Ducati side or the Triumph side) the steam off my p1ss. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Well DMC at Preston has had plenty of my hard earned :) should get me an invite :)

No matter for this year though.... We're heading to Spain / France

Italy is great riding isn't it though, tuscany was brilliant both times and mugello should be on everybody's bucket list, it's like no other event I've been to.

16. Absolutely agree. I would have gladly done Tuscany and Mugello again this year (now I know what to do to get out of Mugello at the end of the day) but "the collective" fancied WDW this year so we'll give that a go in about 3 weeks :)

I'm taking the Scrambler 1100 Sport this year though and not the Panigale, so rather than racing everywhere I hope to take in a bit of the scenery :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Think the Rapido one is a similar cost, as is Snells.

For that kind of money (when you add a grand for spending), I'm spending 3 days on Philip Island track, getting out there and back and having 10 days travelling around

• Like Like x 2
  18. patience is the key with mugello, we just sat on the grass and enjoyed watching the bedlem infused exodus.

scrambler should be a good ride over there, I've done it twice on an hypermotard and found that a perfect tool for the mountain passes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Went to Rhyl once when I was a lad, the rain was sideways and I blew a hooley the whole week.
    Defo once in a lifetime experience.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maybe not once in a lifetime, but I had my best holiday to date in Italy last year. Flew into Rome, hire car to Pompeii. 9 nights there sightseeing Vesuvius, Naples, Pompeii. Then 2 nights on Capri (beautiful island). Onto Pofi for 3 nights on the way back to Rome at an Agriturismo and went sightseeing on the east coast. Sperlonga beach was stunning.
    Booked it all randomly ourselves and can honestly say Agriturismos are the way to go. Food stunning, wine stunning, weather stunning,

Trip advisor 11 out of 10.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information