1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Ridden Andalucia?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by comesunt, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Ah yes. Last time was at portimao when we all got a bollocking because on a previous trip someone had their chair stoken!

2. Really? Do FE actually own Almeria circuit?

3. The Fat Controller is a director.
    Director
    Circuito de Almeria
    January 2017 – Present 2 years
    Spain

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I did a day on Andalucia when it first opened, and thought it was shit to be honest
    Lots of decreasing radius turns, so you never really get into any sort of flow with it.
    I appreciate they've taken out some of the crapper sections with the revised layout, but there wasn't any stand out bits in the rest.
    Almeria is the far better of the two, but I wouldn't say either are stand out good compared to some of the other European tracks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Was there a couple of years ago on a 959, took me a day to learn(ish) it, second day felt much better.

Like people say plenty of flat or adverse camber decreasing radius turns.

Good that it makes you concentrate as I got lost.

Chilly first thing.

Was there at the same time as Graeme, but he was godlike compared to me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I did it 2 years ago, after they removed the stop/start chicane on the far side of the track. Flowed better apparently but still quite twisty. Wasn't enamoured with it day 1 but stuck at it and Plater took us around in the van, poinitng out his reference points etc. Much better day 2 and day 3 really liked it. One thing he did say is unless your suspension is set up 100% right you'll probably hate this circuit. As others have said, some difficult radius corners. Some tight, others more flowing and not many straight bits (I think the "straight" was only about 400m worth). It'll soon find out if your suspension is right....or not.
    Would I go back? Yep as I think it's been improved since then.

In fact I'm doing the Kev Healy Brexit Special - Circuito De Espana 28-31 March. Might get stuck out there....with a bit of luck.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information