1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Taken Their Speeding Offence To Court ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dukesox, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Last one I did I was running late and forgot to pay for my diesel which started a whole other chain of events.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. You're a Carlos Fandangos lunatic :D

3. On what bike?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Question is can you beat the law. Mm probably not so take the slap. Drink the coffee eat the chocky biscuits & as said maybe even learn something. Might even be a fit bird sat at side of you. Don't question too much though. Lad in Leeds would not shut up & got kicked out with his points added. If anyone did take it to court they must have been nuts. So you'll not find anyone on here as we are all so nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Out of interest I’ve just been offered a speed awareness course for doing 86mph on the M1 - Apparently if I was doing 87mph it would have been 6 points and a fine....no sac.

Doesn’t help much....

6. Did one on Wednesday night. That'll be my third now, the instructor had a heated debate with a guy who insisted the the 10% rule was law yet he was there for doing 42 in a 40. He ended up being asked to leave, it was very entertaining. You only have to declare it to insurance if asked. If asked and it affects your premium, ring another insurance company as the majority don't.
    Do the course, it's far easier/ cheaper than any other option. One word of advice is don't be late, a guy travelled from Glasgow to Manchester to complete the course I was on, he was 9 mins late and they didn't let him in!

7. Surely he could have opted to do the course in Glasgow? I know I was offered the choice of doing it in Lancashire or close to home. I chose close to home and it was £10 cheaper.

8. I did the course in January, as was caught doing 59 in a 50. I know the exact speed camera that got me as pass it every day, just couldn't slow down in time as was racing a Maserati - i really should know better.

There were 40 people on my course, i was the only one who rode a motorcycle.The last hour is hazard perception, guess who came top of the class. I told the instructors i know they have to accommodate for the masses but everything they taught us i was putting in to practice every day as you have to when on two wheels.

I found the course on the whole well worth doing though, and it certainly teaches you that speeding isn't worth it as (for example) you only get to your destination 1 minute quicker if travelling 10 miles over. However, unless everybody is made to do the course say once every 3 yrs, you can't put what it teaches you into practice. As soon as i left there i was doing 50 in a 50 like a good little boy and being tailgated by a Luton van, so had to pull over for him, and off he went.

I do fid myself more conscious now of speeding/breaking the law, so take the course would be my suggestion, as you will learn from it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Exactly mirrors my experience a couple of years back. Agree some of it interesting such as the refresher signs & how to identify speed limits in areas but overall it’s a slap on the wrist, sit down, shut up, drink the coffee & smile. Well worth it over a court appearance imo though

10. The longer you leave the booking, venue options evaporate. You have to get in early for a local venue.
    Guy was probably busy with work commitments. Bet that cheered him up no end....

11. Like it. Maserati? What were you on/in?

12. When I did mine a few years ago a guy came in flustered and sat at my table effing and blinding...............he'd been done again on his way into the course venue. He was a tad unhappy.

• Funny Funny x 4

13. with threee disagrees i can see the site is blessed with driving gods...

i think more and more insurance companies want to know...and its in their interest to know as it gives them an opportunity to hype up your premium then ..

#53 andyb, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. poor obs:p

#54 andyb, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. As opposed to a know it all?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. depend how qualified you are....:punch:

17. If he had driven quicker, he would've been on time..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  18. This is a forum of naughty speeders along with porkie pie tellers :D

Just renewed my insurance and speed awareness course wasn’t mentioned

In court the balance of probability has to be on your side I don’t think your scales will win..... o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I didn’t get a choice with attending court. My last one was a summons o_O

20. You've not met Infallible Andy before then? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information