1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Taken Their Speeding Offence To Court ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dukesox, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Well bugger me, first time in 49 years I've just been done, 35 in a 30 first time driving the wife's new car, I had just commented how nippy it was when I saw the van.
    I await my punishment, will I have to wear a stripy uniform and be joined by the ankles to others with a chain.
    Steve

#61 Birdie, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Tell her she can take the points as it was her car ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. In the example I mention in Post 20, a speed awareness course wasn't offered; but the reason the case was challenged was because plod and the local highways authority were seen and photographed putting up a new 30mph repeater where the missing one should have been. Unfortunately nobody was convicted of perverting the course of justice, but plod and the cps were hammered by the judge and a large amount of costs were awarded to the driver.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Apparently they don't offer it in scotland

5. S1000R. No competition ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I think the disagrees are that you'll learn something from the course rather than that people are driving gods. I did the course and to be honest it was complete pants and I learnt nothing. Any course is only as good as the lecturer and on my course (in Sussex, 4 years ago) we had a conceited pleb who clearly had read the book and little else. I disagreed when he said that everyone relies on ABS and wouldn't know what to do without it (at the time I had 2 cars and 3 bikes none of which had ABS) but apparently I was wrong and we'd all kill ourselves....but as you can see from the fact I'm typing this I'm still not dead. I also disagreed when he said speeding cameras are placed near hazards like schools, he ranted a bit and then I let on I live in a road with a school in it and there has never been a speed camera here (and I did laugh when one of the other attendees said "I know that road it's really dangerous"). After that I just gave up and nodded as it was sunny outside!

Maybe the courses have improved in the last four years? More likely it depends on who delivers it, how knowledgeable they are, and how good they are at putting it across.

Would I do it again....if it saves 3 points then yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. how do you know you were done? unless you were stopped (you'd have got a ticket) or you have already received the NIP in the post? you might get lucky - speedo will read a little bit over 1-2 mph probably so keep your fingers crossed for the next 14 days.

you're well within the threshold for the speed awareness course - i got the offer to attend after getting pinged at 38 in a 30: I thought it was a 40 (it was once) and I slowed down as i saw the van a mile off, even went past with a grin because i thought i'd got away with it.. tw@t!

The course was OK - a few interesting bits and plenty that make you think rubbish, but you just keep quiet and for the sake of getting through the day. A mate turned up about 5 mins late, and took the only chair left, which fortunately for him was directly in front of me. He smelt of booze as he'd been out all night, had driven to the course, and kept falling asleep; I had to keep kicking his chair to wake him up - we got to a final warning but managed to get through the day without being asked to leave.

#67 MDUBZ, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  8. The Nip came through the post to the wife, three days after the incident, she's returned it naming me as the driver, I'm now waiting.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. She’s not a keeper : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. She's stubborn, she won't move. She even wants to go on holiday with me.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Smug time....

Got the double flash on the M1 south bound. 109mph.... heard nowt. Get in!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Hopefully I won't have to suffer the fame of getting an NIP anymore.........running a Harley means you hardly want to go over 30mph let alone 70.

They aren't called Hardly Movingsomes for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Oh....and in addition to the £400 the kind magistrate gave me 6 points in one go. Lovely.

14. Wow, we have 21st Century, state of the art modern, fine system. Until your posty put it through the door, not a human hand touched it. Full computerized, machine packed and posted. All this with a 19th century road system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Flash git with your 19th century road system, we are still in 1752 in my area.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You will get done for 25 in a 20 now, you watch.... :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. No I won't - I can't get off and push it fast enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. A new development, the original offence was 1st April, the nip came to the wife a few days later, she returned the nip straight away naming me as the driver, the nip then came to me a week later which I filled in and sent straight back, now expecting a letter to attend a speed awareness course, nothing yet but today my wife gets another nip from the original offence, do we have to respond to this one as she has already responded to the original and this one is well over the two weeks anyway.
    Confused Steve

19. You will get a speed awareness course and a fine and points when she dobs you in again :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. I’d post it back, uncompleted, with a covering letter saying ‘I’ve already replied and completed the NIP, you have it already’

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information