1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Used Ilmberger Carbon From Germany?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Sicilian, Nov 10, 2021.

1. My Fireblade SP is covered in their CF and it's absolutely cracking, strongly recommend.

You can see it on collecting cars as auction starts in a few days :upyeah:

2. I've fitted a LOT of carbon fibre to various Ducatis over the years and in terms of fit, finish, overall accuracy and quality, I can IMHO, rank the following manufacturers from best to worst.

1) Lieb Speed - unrivalled sublime quality, extremely accurate fit, perfect flawless finish. It does not get better than this.
    2) Ilmberger - competitively priced, accurate fit, finish is of a high quality but not in the same league as Lieb Speed
    3) Ducati Performance - Pricey but it ultimately fits (fettling sometimes needed) & is on most occasions of a high quality
    4) Fullsix - great range of products, sometimes let down by inaccurate fit and inconsistent finish
    5) Carbonvani - inaccurate fit, nearly always needs substantial fettling, poor quality & attention to detail, poor finish.

You dont always get what you pay for and whilst Fullsix and Imberger parts are on a par with each other price wise, I honestly believe Ilmberger trumps them, in terms of accuracy and consistently better finish overall. DP parts are contracted out by Ducati, are pricey as a result of the branding and sadly don't always live up their name if your seeking high quality parts. Carbonvani churn out parts like sausages from inaccurate moulds and whilst they claim to be pre-preg may as well be made from GRP they are so thick and heavy. Poorly executed with inaccurate machining/location of mounting points & bonded bushes, inconsistent weave, pinholes and the fact that they rarely ever fit properly. Just don't bother wasting your money.

Lieb Speed - nothing much to say here, except perfect.

#22 Topolino, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks DB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information