1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Used Ital Sport Manchester ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Jet Black, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Anyone used Ital Sport in Manchester for Ducati servicing / work? Apparently they have ben around for quite while servicing Ducati's . Cheers

2. Italsport used to be an official dealership until about 10 years ago when Ducati went down the store route and with their already being a number of stores around the area they lost out, and I think opted out given the $$$ involved to become an official dealer. I assume they are still based in Bury?

Roy the owner is a funny character (assuming he's still there as he was getting on a bit), I met him when I raced in the Ducati Desmodue series and it took him a good few race meetings before he became sociable, his son Paul is also a mechanic there and easier to deal with.

They know their stuff for sure, lots of race prep stuff etc, so you won't go far wrong with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Traded my 900ss for a S4 monster with them a few years back.

I thought they’d gone bust ages ago?

4. cool thanks very much

they are still going

5. Italsport was an official Ducati dealer for many years based in Bury, which was run by Roy Armstrong and assisted by his son Paul.
    Around 2005 the original shop/workshop had a serious fire and Roy was very badly injured, his recovery took a long time, but eventually he decided he was fit enough to start again. Eventually the premises was rebuilt and the business continued to operate, until the decision was taken to call a halt to running it as it was then.
    Roy was an accomplished motorcycle racer, as well as motorcycle mechanic who was part of the Sports Motorcycles Team that entered Mike Hailwood on his return to TT racing in 1978 on a Ducati, and the rest is history.
    Roy still operates as Italsport with Paul in Whitworth near Rochdale, they are still involved with racing Ducatis, and have the following Facebook page:
    https://en-gb.facebook.com/ItalsportDucati .
    I have bought a number of bikes from Roy, and he has serviced them all from Bevel driven bikes to the more modern belt driven twins. He has never failed to keep them running well, and I am happy with what he has done for me.
    I hope this helps.
    Tom.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1

6. Thanks for the background Tom , much appreciated :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Used to visit the then back street store in Bury on a market day. Did the belts on my 916. Very competent guy. Respected for sure. Still have some old brochures from there. Dig them out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information