1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Used Ray Petty For Servicing?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Jet Black, Jan 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Folks - Anyone used Ray Petty in Greenwich for servicing their Ducati?

cheers

2. @Pete1950
    I've read somewhere on here that this man has'd work carried out by them with success.

3. just realised , they are in the dreaded ULEZ :-(

4. Top people, one of the best in the business.
    IIRC £12.50..not that expensive.
    Could also try Ducati ProTeam in Strood.

5. If you mean "not that expensive" for the ULEZ charge, it's not a significant part of the cost of a service, but it's still unreasonable - there'd be no ULEZ if one were to put the bike into the back of a ULEZ-compliant van and then drive that to the garage, which is crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes, Ray Petty has done several jobs for me on e.g. my Mike Hailwood 900 bevel. Can do moderns as well. Top man. He is currently rebuilding two Pantah engines for me.

• Like Like x 3
  7. A full photoshoot of these wonderful machines as and when you're ready pete.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray Petty has had a lot of nice bikes though his workshop, been following his Instagram page for a few weeks.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I haven’t had work done by him directly but I did contact Ray back along to discuss some queries I had on the 1299 I purchased last year (which had been serviced in his workshop a few 100 miles before I purchased it) I thought he was fantastic to deal with, he took the time to engage with me, despite the fact he knew I lived 5+ hours away and was never likely to be crossing his palms with, plastic?

If I were nearer, would happily take the track bike there for whatever

• Like Like x 1
  10. He did a full service and ‘tidy up’ for my 916 last year. Personally delivered my bike to the Cotswolds afterwards.
    Top bloke and knows his stuff.
    I also got my 916 Ulez approved …

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ray Petty prepared a 1974 750SS green frame for the Concours d' Elegance at Blenheim Palace. And it WON outright. Proof of the level of quality, originality, and finish it is possible to achieve. Not cheap, obviously, at that level.

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. thanks for all the feedback . I was also looking at Ducati Alton or Pro twins for possible service ?

13. Hey All, just writing to warn you about Mr. Ray Petty, just extorted me for 3 times what we agreed on and wouldn't give my bike or parts back until after I paid.

This is why I do all my own servicing.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. To be fair I’ve not ever dealt with a garage that doesn’t want paying before releasing the bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. And why did he charge three times more than you agreed? Did he carry out work that wasn’t agreed?

16. It was to fit indicators for an MOT, charged me 3 hours instead of the agreed 1 and didn't confirm beforehand, would have done it myself and saved the headache and the money. So we re-negotiated it down to 2 hours, I paid and left with my bike, just in time for all that beautiful weather last week.

Then a week later, I realised I forgot a box of parts there, swung round today to pick the parts up, and they said they wouldn't give them back to me unless I in fact paid the original bill. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe this is called extortion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. It sounds like sharp practice to me, but there's always two sides to that coin.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information