1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Anyone Using Theirs For Proper Off Road ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Apr 16, 2019.

1. If you do, please don’t fix the fekking camera on your helmet. Made me want to vomit all that jerking about. Andy

2. I’d never mount a camera on a helmet, full stop.

I’ll be checking out that guy’s website to figure out where the video was filmed. Would love to do some of those mountain trails. Does anyone know if we have anything similar in the uk? Even if the scenery isn’t as dramatic.

3. Today is our first long journey on our DVT... we got as far as Lockerbie from Lincolnshire and then it broke down...

Stupid thing. Motorrad FTW.

image.jpg

4. OK, job done. Deposit placed on a new 1200 enduro for a very good price.
    Evotech rad guards and sw motec crash bars ordered.

I need to get the top box kit so we can use our existing top box. Holding off on panniers for now.
    Undecided on heated grips.

Have you guys tried the disk or sprocket guards, or the water pump protector ?
    How about shorter screen ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heated grips are about £100 and thoroughly recommended.

I’ve just ordered a CNC milled water pump protector from China, so we’ll see how that looks!

Very pleased with the SW Motech bars. I’ve also fitted a set of Lomo crash bar bags, which are handy for carrying bits and bobs like a toolkit and spare gloves. And they look cool!

6. I have a Rizoma Water Pump Guard on my DVT and that transferred to the 1260.

When I had the DVT we did some trails in the Keilder Forest on one trip. Road tyres and the Multi was fine on stones and gravel. I was with two GS's and one issue was that the Multi 1st gear is taller than the GS. I let the GS go ahead and then would catch them up, to keep at the same pace as a GS I had to slip the cutch in 1st.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steve, thanks for that heads up.:upyeah:
    We have just ordered a set of panniers :cool:

Was also surprised to see the disc and sprocket guards were ~28 each. They were over 100 quid each when I asked in the dealers, so think they quoted for the wrong bits :rolleyes:

Nik, heated grips are listed for 212 quid. Where can you get them for 100 ?

8. Must have been a deal my dealer did for me when I bought the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  9. For panniers, go soft luggage if you think you'll be dropping the bike. No damage to panniers and soften the fall a bit. If you just store clothes in then, no harm done to contents and put breakables in the top box.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just as a follow up to this thread, I'd just like to add the old off-roading caveat for anyone that's tempted to take their Enduro on the loose stuff; never ride alone. And fit crash bars!

Yesterday I have a great little ride down a lovely green lane on Dartmoor. All was going well until a steep rocky incline and bend got the better of me, and my bike and I took a tumble. Thankfully the crash bars prevented any damage, and I got away with a sprained wrist.

It took me three attempts to pick the bike up (loose rocky surface, plus incline, plus heavy bike), and half an hour to get it turned around and safely back down the steep and rather treacherous hill. If I'd been less lucky I could have really hurt myself, or damaged the bike such that I couldn't get it out - I was about 3-4 miles from the nearest road, and several more to the nearest town.

Thankfully the bike is safely back in my garage, and no worse for it's little escapade! I'll definitely tackle non-technical trails alone in the future, but it's definitely worth checking out the terrain first, if like me, you're not Simon Pavey!

11. Good advice Nik.
    Which green Lane was it ?
    I've done a bunch down that way on my excf350, much easier to pick up ;)

12. I believe it’s Old Manaton Lane. When I told my other half she suggested that maybe I should buy a lighter bike for off-roading. She’s a keeper then!

13. I came off around the 3.35 mark!

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's a cracking trail, I do recall doing it. A friend has a house in Shalden and took a group of us up it.
    Fair play to you for trying that climb.
    Now go buy an excf350 6 days :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. It was lovely up to that point, and only ten minutes from my house!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information