1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Anyone With An Aftermarket Exhaust Near Me?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TCochrane, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Thanks,
    Ill give that a try. I have the big bottle too, but was going to use a brush.
    I believe we spoke on FB regarding the sale of your XR. you told me you had applied ACF to that bike too when you got it.
    I get mine on saturday and i can't remember how easy it is together to things. particularly the right side of the engine around the plastic covers for the belts.

2. Yes with the baffle in it still annoyed me, now with inside removed from the cat and no baffle it’s spot on.

3. Small world!
    Yes you're right, I apply ACF-50 to every bike I own
    I use a cloth because I feel it gives me more control over where it's applied, especially the brakes, because a few bristles could make their way onto a friction surface!
    Plus, you use a cloth to wipe away the excess anyway
    I didn't find it hard to access almost everything I wanted to access

4. That's really good to know thanks

5. I have to be back home by 12.00 to meet my daughter, so I will arrive at Newlands Corner t 11.00 and leave at 11.30. If you are late I'm afraid I can't wait!

6. It can wait until next weekend, I don't want to cause any inconvenience!
    Im inno rush and it might suit me better anyway as I want to install a Vulturbike decal kit this weekend :)

7. OK, no problem, that's up to you. Do you want to make it 11.00 on Sunday 15th?

@Sam1199 does that suit you too?

8. I definitely can’t do the 15th I’m afraid. So I’d prefer to meet this Sunday if it suits you.

I could do 10.30 if it’s any better?

9. Does Saturday 7th (tomorrow) at 4pm suit both of you? @Coman

10. If the weather is good I can do it.

Either of the times work for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, tomorrow at 16.00 will be fine. The weather looks good.
    See you both there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok, see you there.

13. Yes, nice to meet you Tim and Sam, have a chat, and also chat to Stuart the speed cop.
    That MIVV looks nice. I had a MIVV on my 2010 bike and I found its sound rather harsh. I've also known two MIVV owners to have their end cans disintegrate due to vibration. Admittedly that was two or three years ago so MIVV quality may have improved since then. Lastly, I had my 2010 MIVV bike remapped by CJS racing and Chris said that the MIVV decat pipe was poorly designed and impeded gas flow such that BHP dropped. Again, that was seven years ago and things at MIVV may have changed since.

14. I have the Arrows full system on my DVT. I run it with no baffle and it’s very loud. Burbles and crackles. I love it.

15. Well I've ordered the Mivv system and shall feedback once fitted

16. Good to meet you guys. I enjoyed the chat, comparing notes and the tea.
    My MRA screen arrived but didn’t look like a straight fit with Jamie Clare’s spacers.

17. Have replied to your PM regarding the MRA screen and spacers.

Have you decided what you're doing to do with exhausts?
    The Mivv system just got reduced on eBay by about £70... ;)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-...943343&hash=item5470e5a05e:g:aVgAAOSwokFc-MfA

18. Mivv exhaust fitted! Took about 3 to 4 hours. The hardest part was getting the cat to disconnect from the front headers

Have been out for a ride and it's amazing. Just the right volume (baffle in). The crackles it makes on the upshifts in addictive
    Really enjoying it.

Happy to meet at newlands corner again to show anyone :)

19. That sounds interesting. Looks really good too.

It’ll be a couple of weeks before I can meet. I’ll drop you a line when I’m free.

How would you say it compares to Comans set up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information