1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything Nurburgring Related Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by doogalman, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Worth mentioning that the GP track opens every so often for pay by the session as well. Its a good circuit, easy enough to ride at a normal laptime but quite tricky to work out how to do it fast. Very safe, quite surreal looking over to the Nordschleife from the big run offs and safety of the GP track.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Probably... although i could be tempted with the R!

3. There are many bike trackdays on the GP track

4. The free circuits were via the German bike magazine "Motorrad"....... a bit like Bike offering free circuits of Donnington to anyone that turned up on a bike.

5. This was last year when I was leading a 10person group tour there and around the region. Couldn’t risk binning it else they would have been lost going home!

6. And the actual Anlassen lap - there is alot more going on around other than just the lap itself. Definitely a great event for bikers to experience.

7. Timing, filming ... tut tut ... better grass you up to the Polizei ! :laughing:

If you would have binned it, just point everybody NNW and 4 hours later they would have met the channel.

8. :innocent:

Trust me: there was one 70yo chap (lovely fella and great rider BTW) who got lost, had a satnav but never loaded any maps(!), and he forgot to activate roaming on his phone. He missed a turn, decided to make another, and we had lost him. It took him 8 hrs to find the Ring from Brussels...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I take it you know Neil and Ann from Moulin de Ruy ... I think he's still instructing.

10. That was Big Al wasn't it :joy:

11. He’s only 60!

By the way, I’ll PM you re another trip...

12. He’s only 60!

By the way, I’ll PM you re another trip...

13. Yes,. known Neil since 1997. Did a BMW trackday at Goodwood that he was involved with. They were short on numbers so I dragged my GSXr1100 and my Roundcase 750 there for a play.
    He is still instructing for Motorrad magazine, but he don't come over this way much nowadays. Sometimes see him when I'm working at Spa though.
    Have you seen his new toy??

14. Nope ... Spa, wouldn't mind riding that one day ....

15. He flogged on the D16 and has bought an Avintia MotoGP bike. The one with the quakka motor. Spa is a cracking track.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WOW ... now I bet that sounds nice. Lucky man !

Driven plenty of laps of Spa in various 4 wheeled contraptions, always fancied a go on 2.

17. My dayjob

• Like Like x 1
  18. You are annoying me now Roy :p

Best circuit on the planet (in my opinion ..) usually stay in a nice little hotel up the road in Hockai.

I hope Dale is well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. The most fun I have ever had on a bike was putting together three consecutive laps at the ring on one of the motorrad courses when free lapping was allowed AND the main straight was open. Weather - perfect, warm and sunny. Bike - perfect, 1098s on brand new SuperCorsas. On the second lap exiting Galgenkopf at about 90mph and then nailing it down the straight. The gentle curve at Antoniusbusche became a scary big left hander at the silly speed reached at that point and the bike wanted to go straight on. Happy days...

Sadly there were too many crashes on those courses, mostly by Italian riders (it shames me to say it - I have Italian heritage). Examples - wheelie on the crest just before Flugplaz then not landing it in time to take the first RH in Flugplaz, failure to take the penultimate RH bend at Adenauer Forst etc. The open straight didn't last long either when Dottinger Hohe was being used as the HQ. The entry onto the circuit was at the turn in point for the corner at Antoniousbusche and on the same side of the track, so you had riders joining into the path of others doing 170+ down the straight. Fortunately no accidents happened here (to my knowledge) but the organisers had sleepless nights thinking about the consequences and that was that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information