1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything Nurburgring Related Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by doogalman, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Agreed

I watched that on Friday and still thought the initial video was sped up just a tad as I couldn't comprehend the pace.

Obviously it wasn't, absolutely mental speed through some of those bends, a new bar has been set.

Thursday 8.30pm I set sail from Hull, Friday afternoon I'll be rolling back up to the car park.

Looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  2. I reckon you could take Timo on in the E46 Roy .... with 5 minutes head start ..... :p

#162 pilotpaul, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Isnt this the car (and maybe the driver?) that beat Hamilton's pole position lap by a second at Spa too?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Same car (different geo and suspension settings no doubt) but a different driver: Timo’s teammate - Neel Jani.

Timo was the obvious choice, however, for the Ring record. Knowledge is everything there, and Timo is arguably the most knowledgeable active Ring racer at present and drives for Porsche/Manthey.

5. So, is the electric motor acting like a boost of 460hp? That's what the statements I read seemed to suggest. So its hitting about 1000hp for 860kg (or so) at full boost and power.

On the video it has boost coming on as a bar; I wondered if that was a charging thing (seemed to be off throttle quite often) or it was a use thing? Anyone know?

It is a bit of a mockery of 'electric power vehicles' that they use big, guzzling petrol ones supplemented by electric. I remember the old top gear test of the three super eco cars, and they all did sub 10mpg, even tho advertised figures were 100 plus LOL

6. An interesting clip

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. So an interesting few days here this weekend as had some mates staying over on their way back home from a 3000mile thrash about europe.
    Also of more interest to the Ducati fans, is that Andy Carlile has had an opportunity to throw his legs over a V4. Not a lot of laps but about 4. So the other evening a friend of his rocked up with his new V4. A base model with standard suspenders that had been played with to suit the owner by his preferred suspension company. So Andy run it up the road to have a gently intro to the bike. Then he did two laps of getting used to the bike and exploring what a new Ducati feels like. Suffice to say the track was busy with a few to many yellow sections and holdups. But the laps had a video running, long story cut short, when they spliced together the good uninterupted sections to make a complete theoretical lap taking into account for the lost time he was only two seconds away from his outright lap record. Sadly it has been a busy weekend here on track so there was no other options for him to get out and play.
    He is in love with the bike but there are areas where he would definatly change things to be able to exploit the bike to the max. @royalwithcream, care to let him have a play on the R when it arrives??

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. That is awesome!

9. Wow that is quite something. Do you know what was done with the suspension as I'm not a fan of the base model suspension on the 1x99 Panigales and it's impressive he has managed it without Ohlins. I'd be very interested in taking a look at the videos. There's no sign of an R just yet; I asked to be put at the top of the list when there is news. No news is good since I've spent all my cash on racing anyhow! If Andy was serious about having a crack then perhaps we should have a word with Ducati...

10. The V4s that Rutter hammered round the IoM course is nicely run in, Andy can use that !

11. Must have a look for that. Assume there is a video somewhere?

12. Must have a look for that. Assume there is a video somewhere?

13. I havnt seen a vid but the mag is well worth a buy. Loads of interesting detail and data.

14. Dave are you heading to Spa with the others for wednesday?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wow. Impressed, well ridden that man :upyeah: ...

EDIT - Is his name Andy ? ;)

#177 pilotpaul, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  16. A big rat that currently holds the record !-)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information