1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approaching A Year With A V4s

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MVF4ORO, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Tedious. Now that's what I'd call an issue. What do you mean by 'key it in'? Bleeding?

2. The manual has a set sequence to follow when changing the oil; turning the engine or something. Obviously no one does this as no one reads the manuals :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Blimey. Never heard of that :confused:

4. Its the big nut on the sprocket side of the rear wheel. I have not looked up what the correct torque setting is as I have never touched it! however, finger tight aint good enough.

5. Off the showroom floor mine was at 55mm front static sag, scary! rear was 0mm and took 4 turns off the preload adjuster to get it to 8mm. On the road I run 30mm front and 8mm rear, on track 25mm front and 8mm rear. I really should change springs as stock don't really suit a 98kg rider, fully kitted up.
    settings wise I think the front is under damped and the rear over damped on default settings. The rear pumps down such is the rebound over damping, and the tyre shows tearing in the centre when road riding. I went quite well into the "comfort" range on rear and improved traction and tyre wear dramatically. The front is moved the other way into stability to increase the damping there and now rarely reaches full fork compression. Italian Ducati product manager told me they expect all forks Ohlins to be set up to spec of 30mm sag, and only sample check 2%. hmmmm.

6. Obviously given the mileage I have done, the chain has been adjusted quite a few times. My torque wrench is old, but has been recently calibrated and is fine. bolts always done 1,2,1 to correct torque. Ducati is replacing all hub assembly under warranty. don't think they would be doing that if they thought they could blame the user!

7. Thnaks..

I'll be changing the rear sprocket carrier soon, so i wiil make sure its all torqued up proerly .. ;-)

8. 55mm :(:(:( wow... pogo stick ...

I'll see what the front travel is like on track, 25-30mm should be fine for track , i think i must be similar weight all geared up .. 82-85kgs not geared up..

I'm wondering if MCT/100%/K-tech have any experince of setting these up yet for fast track use as quite a few reviews are saying it moves around a bit under the power ..?!

Usually a Pirelli SC man, but going to try the Bridgstone v02's this year , see if they work/last with all the power etc

9. Thats not good.. hope its not another recall....

10. Same size as me. And yeah, leant over a bit on full gas it's a bit bouncy. Especially if you hook the next gear whilst still over a bit. Boing-boing.... How do you dial that out?

11. Mines fine lol.
    R1M.
    Been doing 3years of trackdays on it when it came out the showroom in 2015 lol.
    Even when it went in for its 1st service they were ok and never mentioned it.
    Has NOT missed a beat.
    Maybe i should be riding faster too break it lol.

12. That's one of my biggest bugbears that people never seem to get there head around how important the correct sag settings need to be for the suspension to be working correctly on the right part of the stroke. Not just Static but also full with riders sag with kit on. Makes a world of difference!

Glad your sticking with it and starting to enjoy the bonding process. Plus hopefully all the issues are now ironed out...

13. Get the rider sag sorted
    Rear with rider/gear on board 25-30mm (30mm)
    Front with rider/gear on board 35-45mm (40mm)

I will try the Setting DES as dynamic to see how it behaves on track and working with tyre pressures etc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information