1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia 660 Anyone

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Nov 5, 2019.

1. i think it looks really good mate.. and its probably a great bike.. i just think it would be a much more attractive bike if it was a bit more adventurous. it seems they have gone the other way..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think if a bike or anything performs really well you kind of forgive looks somewhat you absolutely fall for something that does a job really well I mean look at Andrex for example it looks just like any other...but

3. I'd imagine the capacity and design is because its simply half the V4 (according to the release). Also the 100hp claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bet it’s a great bike for some reason just got a feeling it will make heap of sense

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. This will be a great bike. They have even tucked the can away neatly.

6. at least its got wheelie control o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Suspect some of the tech is overkill...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I absolutely love it, so do both my mates, I'm going to sell my Daytona 675 for one and probably keep the 848. That or I might sell both my bikes to get a Panigale V2. I need to see them both in the flesh at the show.

My mate is dead set on trading in his GSXR1k, we've all just got to a stage where we miss the smaller lighter stuff that you can ride harder on the road. My best road rides bar none have been on a 748r, I Just can't get away from that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Cue 'throttle goes both ways' and 'bigger always better' brigade ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. a thread about how a bike will ride, ....cue someone talking bollox about counter steering, closely followed by 'they flew past me on the straight, but i overtook them in the corners shoit'
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. @Advikaz he's calling you :upyeah: :joy:
    :joy::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. the corners is the only place I ever overtake :joy:o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I do like that, be good fun at donington .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. He overtook me on the corners but i got him on the straight.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. well, for my money, id have a 749r (best induction roar of any) or, a 899 or a 959. Ive got a 1199, but if i sold it, id have one of them.
    its so satisfying wringing somethings neck, hearing its delight of overdosing on fuel and air, watching the speed rise before you click another cog.
    On super bikes, you have all on to hold on to the thing, and in one or more gears you have to hit the brakes. That said, its nice to be scared.
    So, a selection of 6 or 10 bikes should satisfy most......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. If this can re-create the feel I had from the 748r then I would be really happy, I know it's totally different in terms of chassis etc but I just found the 748R so confidence inspiring and the power spread was lovely.

I found a video of the RS660 testing on the Aprilia Forum, it revs! and sounds great. Sounds like a twin for sure but is definitely revving to circa 11k-12k revs to my ear.

17. For the techie inept, if it’s half the v4 why wouldn’t it rev to the same levels as the V4?

18. How much is it ?

19. Rumored £12k which initially I did wince at a little but it's got all the spec a 1 litre sportsbike has and we all know that it's not significantly less expensive to make a smaller capacity engine than a bigger one, perhaps maybe more in his case but not thousands and thousands. Also most of the 1ltr bikes are now £20k so it's still going to be somewhere near £7k cheaper than those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. So a good 2nd hand, one year old one may be about 10k?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information