1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia 660 Anyone

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Video online from the show bike looks very nice in the purple I tried uploading but can’t its got English speaking on the video I saw just googled it looks so much better than the pictures hope the performance matches the looks

Managed to spell aprilia too :upyeah:

Apologies rob I spelt it wrong on the front page

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 168kg dry? Wow, much heavier than expected and not much lighter than latest super bikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Agree it’s no featherweight with 20kg+of fluids rolling around thought it would be lighter I still think it will be a good road bike though I can’t imagine they will have produced a shit bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IMHO at this weight a 899 would be waaaaayyyyy better road bike. They need it 169 wet!

6. My 899 is 192kg fully fuelled. It has a few minor light weight bits.
    Would be happy to get it to 185kg.

7. It's a shame it's 169KG Dry, that's actually 8KG heavier than my 2012 Daytona 675R believe it or not and that's putting out a solid 105HP at the wheel (possibly 2-3 more than that). So I've had to reset my expectation of this being a little RS250 replacement and think more about it just being a really well specc'd supersport bike, which is what it is.

I still want one, because it's new and I'm a self confessed Aprilia die-hard having had 2x RS125, and a RS250. The Panigale V2 though is still playing on my mind a bit just because it's similarly beautiful and well specified. I think it will come down to price, if the Aprilia is £3-4k cheaper and that makes a big difference on PCP I'll consider the RS660.

8. Well specced and well down on power.

Am I the only one feeling a little disappointed? I want buying one, but still feel let down.... LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Think I’d want unbiased roadtests before I signed up for one where you get an unbiased honest roadtest from I don’t know as everyone is probably getting a backhander

10. You cant beat your own test ride Carl, everyone else has their own agenda .

11. What will 44t say? If they like it, it must be good for everyone

• Like Like x 1
  12. TBF it could be used as a budget bike challenge by the time they finish spending on there current budget bikes

13. Unfortunately 44t has gone the same way, I mean how many video's have you seen recently where they don't mention bridgestone tyres at least once, and how amazing they are, it's every video, their instagram right now has shots of Bridgestone MX tyres etc. And they are getting invited to the launches and basically saying the same as everyone else. The manufacturers have too much influence tbh and it's stopping free opinion. So yeah. Go test ride.

Whether any Aprilia dealer will have a demo though is another question.... I know my local Aprilia dealer probably doesn't even want to have to give up more space in the showroom to them let alone stock more demo's...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. There seems to me that a certain type of person can be easily persuaded by "Influencers" without going out there and finding out for themselves.

I see them as modern day Jesus Christs.

15. I know that’s true mate. Personally I’m a mile off buying a new bike but this is an interesting bike in my opinion based on road use only I imagine you can give it some stick but feel in control actually push it a bit let’s face it a good amount of the big sports bikes are been underused short shifting everywhere I’ve had the big bikes and just feathering the throttle generally most of the time always liked the smaller capacity bikes it’s a great feeling getting home knowing you have actually used a reasonable amount of the bikes performance but still not near it’s full performance our roads are too busy or bad condition or a police camera van appears

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. My thoughts too won’t be many demos so take the plunge or bide time let the feedback come in as plenty will just get one

17. Agree with pretty most you have said. I have the 748R and it is just brilliant on the road, even by todays standards. I recently got a bargain - 765 Street triple RS, 2018 plate, 120 miles for £8k dead. Thats 120 bhp and plenty fast enough. I am keen to get a look at the V2. Not sure on its looks as yet though.
    Ref the Aprillia - it has some stiff competition. Think Kawasaki's z636r is a lot of bike for the money. That would be my yardstick (I know its a different engine config but much better value) against the 660.

18. Kwack will kill the aprilia hands down

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Make you wonder who the audience is for it.

20. ^ plenty of takers as it is pretty and different. Price will be important though, they need to pitch it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information