1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia 660 Anyone

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Nov 5, 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  1. ^
    128 bhp
    196 kg wet
    <£10k
    Bulletproof

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Still way too heavy to tempt me. I only want 100bhp (its not like I use it anyway) and I'd want 150kgs wet to make me switch. Theres probably something already out there but hopefully I won't find out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’d say an honest audience if that makes sense? People who want enjoyment and feel confident sat astride a good looking bike that isn’t intimidating and has all the safety aids and cruise I see there is possibly two other 660 bikes coming out from them as well I think it will be good engine on the road power where you need and want it, Kawasaki did the 636 and it made a lot of sense the extra cc’s on the road 600’s never were quite right yet 750 upwards is a lot so I can see 660 been a good compromise I bet a lot of lasses go after them and a lot of newly licensed riders who want a decent sports bike and then a lot of people who ride the latest greatest on tickover might just give them a go, they obviously know the market and racing isn’t of interest unless they do an rr like Kawasaki did alongside the 636

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. And breathe....;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Buy a 1000ssie, drop and 1100 ds motor in it, shelve all the heavy and road stuff and you’ll have 155 with 2l fuel and you’ll have 89hp and 80lb ft torque ;)

6. Does anyone else still think like me - admire Aprillia's, but still have the idea in the head that they are unreliable, and a nightmare for parts?

Is that an outdated now train of thought? I know @nothingfaced said he would never get another, after his Tuono.

7. Very true, but my modded 900ie is fairly close to those numbers and its paid for!

• Like Like x 2
  8. never know when to use full stops and commas I’m pretty rubbish

• Like Like x 1
  9. I thought a voul was something that ran round the new forest

10. Nah bruv thats a pony!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. get a new aprilia, and your as likely to have a fault as a ducati, less so. My tuonos had no faults, v's all the little issues with the pani.
    If you have to buy second hand, you always take a risk that some muppets abused it.
    Ive had quite a few Aprilias, my first a brand spanking hire purchased AF1 50. Raced the 125 boys on it lol. That had build issues, parts supply problems, scattered dealers etc. Would I have had a RD50 instead? what do you think, it was bloody awesome at 16, it skint me and I didnt care 1 bit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think I'll stick with my GSXR 750

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well the 660 has been ridden and the bit I read on visordown is rather impressive stating it’s the middleweight bike they would choose irrelevant of power..quite a statement

14. It’s not really comparable to a 750 or 600 supersport to be honest.

it’s more like a competitor to a cbr650 or a kwak er6 engine wise

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. shame its not 650 they could race then.

16. i have a sneaking suspicion we may see one or two at the TT....

• Like Like x 1
  17. £10,149 in the UK. 44Teeth are releasing their video about it this week.

18. I'm sure it will be 'mega' 'best pound for pound' 'best real-world'

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information