1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia 660 Anyone

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Nov 5, 2019.

1. sounds like he needs tuition at least but yes probably the wrong bike or maybe he will say he doesn’t want to break it

2. I find the bike fairly fascinating.

it’s a real odd ball. It’s not even really a parts bin special but it’s got that Ora about it in some ways in my book.

Fairly decent brakes, massively OTT electronics package. Absolutely shite suspension.

I’m not really sure what Aprilia are marketing it as. They’ve either been really silly or extremely clever. I guess time will tell. I really wish they’d built a 6** screamer supersport bike. But I guess that market is non existent.

If comparing it to the likes of the er6 or Suzuki 650c cbr650 etc it’s clearly vastly superior... is the 660 classed as an A2 bike? If it isn’t then it can’t really be compared to those machines either.

which basically leaves it against the likes of an r6 and zx6 which would absolutely murder it.

675 triples either Daytona or street trip would equally rip it a new one.

it’s an oddity. I think it would be fantastic fun to shag about on personally. There’s something really enjoyable about smashing a ‘non serious bikes’ back doors in. By that I mean.. riding a slow bike fast rather than a missile slow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. I've got a 765Rs and a monster 796, I'm really looking forward to trying the rs660 as i think it could be a great road bike .

4. I just read they are track testing the track only version, apparantly a one make series will appear next year...I like this bike

• Like Like x 3
  5. My nearest bike dealer (Frasers) does Aprilia, but I want something for touring. I know it's new but I can't find any info on factory accessories, like panniers :(

Also been looking into BMWs tonight. They are just too heavy. The Ducati Supersport S still looks to be the best for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aprilia is one of the favorite bike brands of mine. A limited number of models are sold here and hard to find parts and accessories here.

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. With the TT Supertwins class now being raised to 700cc I can see the Aprilia being quite popular. 650cc Panigale anyone?

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think there make a great little race bike

9. 44Teeth's first ride review went up this week:

• Like Like x 2
  10. You know you need a KTM Superduke GT

11. that does sound nice mind :upyeah:

12. KTM are not ruled out but I really don't want a 19 or 21 inch front wheel. I haven't checked on the wheel size of the Superduke but that put me off the V85TT.

Overall, I get p1ssed with this "Adverture" crap trying to tell you that it is a good idea having a really big and heavy lump to go off road with.

Since my first ever bike was a KTM and my next purchase will almost certainly be my last purchase, a KTM does have a "rounding the circle" attractiveness.

When things open up a bit, I will be visiting Fowlers and they are a KTM dealer.

13. The superduke gt isn’t an adventure bike it’s a de-tuned superduke r with a large screen fitted weighs in around 195 kgs I believe.

14. Took a SuperDuke GT for a demo, think you will find the dry weight nearer 210 kgs and I was a bit underwhelmed considering the price tag .

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. KTM seem to be very coy about revealing wheel sizes. But the 1290 Superduke is about 17k BEFORE you add on accessories, like panniers. The 890 adventure has that stupid plastic fuel tank around the engine and a 21 inch front wheel. That's why the KTM option does not really do it it for me. I can buy a Ducati Supersport S for about 13k with panniers and 17 inch front and back wheels without enduring stupid road tests where incompetent journos try to take it off road. To me, the Ducati Supersport S wins every time.

16. I had a go on a Superbike GT and wasn’t that keen on it. Found it pretty agricultural and vibey

just my opinion

17. If you shop around they can be bought for just below 14K, just thought it an option you may not be aware of.

18. I haven’t as yet test rode 1, only ever tested 2 motorcycles before purchase both Triumphs on the T3 Speed Triple once owned I thought was right for me. The T595 was great on the test ride but ownership wasn’t very much joy at all, to think I sold a Ducati 851 to part fund the T595......

19. Rs660 on the Dyno

• Like Like x 2
  20. Liking it a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information