1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Caponord

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, May 29, 2018.

1. The fact that there's not many available 2nd hand doesn't mean they're bad, probably quite the opposite, as if they're reliable as the statements suggest above it stands to reason people don't feel the need to offload them when the warranty is up.

Now then, can the same be said about the DVT multistrada? I've seen loads of posts over the years where people can't wait to get rid on month 24 or 36 of ownership.

I'm sure I've also read that the Caponard is the 2nd fastest A-B bike known to man, only marginally pipped to the post by..........

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cheers blokes, haves passed on your thoughts on reliability, but I think availability is going to be the stumbling block. Will let you know how he gets on.........

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mate had one, liked it very much but it wasn't immune from Aprilia faults and breakdown issues and was nowhere near as comfy for him as the GS he replaced it with. Was a heavy lump too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I'm actually sat here with the bloke now preaching Multi at him :D
    But he likes the Aprilia, there's no converting some folk eh. o_O

5. Get him on a GS. Job done.

If he wants an adventure sport bike then yeah, Multi or BMW S1000XR... I preferred the XR to the Multi TBH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I liked the XR up until the point it vibrated my hands completely numb, and by all accounts, that's still not fixed.

7. I'd still suggest another try as I owned one and never found it an issue. The XR is a great machine

It's one of the fastest A-B bikes known to man.....only surpassed by the......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not for me thanks, as it's not erm...... A looker either imo . Even the dealer man at barnstormers said, not all of them do it. That's a shocking statement from a well known mottorad dealer. He said that should I order one, I may be able to cure with rubber isolators,or bar weights?? To which I replied, it should work out of the box and not need me to take it home and fix a brand new bike, hence I bought another mutley.

9. Mutleys are never faulty... :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Ahh yes, that..... But my dvt has had zero faults except a seized brake lever span adjuster, which MR replaced...... And to my eyes it looks 1 million percent better :D

11. You had me at "except"... :joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. And it doesn't feel like a pair of Ann Summers toys in my mitt's either. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Oh Cmon, surely the exhaust valve has failed? That's a standard Multistrada feature that all owners know and love :p

14. Is rotting away a fault, or is it another fine example of the speed in which the multistrada operates?

:eyes:

15. Thread moved to the Multistrada Forum.

I'd quite like a Capo', if I'm honest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. And a fuel sender. They all love a fuel sender.

17. Also the FFTTOTUTAHEBOTWD issue. Can't ignore that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yes, damn that specific issue, damn it to hell :triumph:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information