1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rrv450 Gp

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Andy800, Feb 21, 2018.

1. You bringing her to Donny on 26/3?

2. Yip.... :) Really looking forward to it.... also a little nervous.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Little nervous is good. Keeps one on their toes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Definitely.. I'm in novice group so takes a little bit of pressure off. Gotta get used to the shift pattern, need to get a set of tyre warmers, the mechanic highly recommended them as the bikes fitted with race tyres... All a learning curve but well excited :)
    First time out on your bike isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep. First time on a Honda. First time at Donny. First time on Super Corsa. First time with tyre warmers. First time riding in snow.

Should be........educational.

Luckily it's also the first time I'm taking bike on a trailer and not riding to/from track too!

6. Yeah I still haven't worked out logistics yet....Borrowing a mates van I think.
    I've ridden Donny once..in torrential rain..on a Honda

7. Well that doesn't bode well!

8. Just a heads up, but I found out my fully comp car policy covers me to drive other cars but not my mates van!

9. Never even checked... I'll look at that. I think i'm insured on his insurance.
    I may have a towbar and trailer by then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Couple of pics with the fairings off. 450 V-twin :)

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Van is commercial vehicle policy, you need to be added as an additional driver shouldn't be difficult.

12. Been exploring all kinds of options. Top of the list at the minute is van rental. If I book far in advance I can get a van for 3-4 days for a reasonable cost. I can leave my car at work, cycle to the rental place, bike in the back go home and load up... give the van back when i'm done, all i have to do is put fuel in it :)

13. How far are you from Donny?

14. Not far, one junction up the motorway 10.4 miles 19 minutes

15. OK. I should be able to fit you on my trailer. I need to check as I've not tried the side channels. When the weather improves a little I'll check old 'Bladey fits OK on the outside. If so I can come to you on the middle channel and we can have a swap about at yours if you like.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's like this: l-trelgo-3-bike-trailer.jpg

17. Thats very kind of you to offer :) That could work out, I think they'd both fit no problem. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  18. @Cream_Revenge why don't you pick up all of @Andy800 stuff/gear in your vehicle and get him to ride to donny if it's only 10 miles??

Oh and I'm looking forward to getting the gsxr out on track too.

19. Don't think it's road legal mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ah that's a good point.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information