1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rrv450 Gp

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Andy800, Feb 21, 2018.

1. @bradders :)

IMG_2814.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Love stuff like that. One of the reasons I really want to get into a position where I can buy and run a M2 bike

• Like Like x 2
  3. I love proper pukka race bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If only. Got lots of other stuff to do first. But love those RV’s and other motox converted bikes. Little power and even less weight!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Was an example. Most are 25-35k € area and seems same whether a 2012 or 2016 model.

There is a company (FTR?) based near Silverstone that builds new ones for about 30k which are a work of art. But

6. D.R.MOTO also build um but are mega money.

7. There are a couple of guys who do Silverstone quite a lot with them. 3 last time I went in the same garage as @royalwithcream 2 were pretty brand new and the third was the fella who built them IIRC. Standard 600 motor, customer frame and swingarm, race dash

8. Ready for wrapping

1E18A491-8C1A-4FE0-963D-8AF33AE44F0A.jpeg

56311AA4-850C-41C3-93BB-17B72675324C.jpeg

4E426D7D-4388-4CC2-8EC2-C3971305E5FD.jpeg

88CD93C6-2173-431B-B89B-6CB5166652DA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. That looks awesome,proper little race bike, very cool.

10. Thanks @Monners been tinkering and cleaning for a few weeks...:upyeah:

11. Is there a max weight for a rider that makes the bike the wrong choice?

12. Not sure really. I'm no featherweight and it performs well with me on it. Ideally I'd like to drop a few Kgs before next season. Height wise I'm borderline, overall though it loves being thrown around and the handling really is razor sharp.
    It's not especially quick in a straight line compared to bigger CC bikes but the corner speed and late braking bring a smile to my face. Tops out at around 112mph with the gearing I'm running.
    I bought it as track bike for several reasons, I'm no GP racer so its great to learn on and so much fun. I think in the hands of a phenomenal rider it would make for some surprising lap times..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Probably

Is that why Andy rides a 1098 now?

14. I'm not big at all so a bigger bike feels mental to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. As long as the springs / suspension is matched then it doesn't matter. A mahoosive rider is always going to be at a disadvantage and more so on a small bike but loads of people make it work.

16. I think there must be a tipping point. I’m about 120 kilos and if I rode a bike weighing similar I think it would be too easy to turn and potentially unrideable

17. I guess so mate. I suppose it depends how much you you are prepared to compromise dealing with that stuff. I have gone back to the litre bike myself because my lankiness on the R6 is becoming noticeable and it feels like it's contributing to crashes but I have had some of my best rides ever on that bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information