1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rrv450 Gp

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Andy800, Feb 21, 2018.

1. TBH It’s barely touched the tarmac. Bad year for me unfortunately, hardly ridden at all either track or road.
    Bikes in for a 550 transplant over Christmas so next year hopefully should be better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. may next year be much better bud!! hopefully my track bike is sorted and we can catch up for a few gigs!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sounds great buddy. There’s a bed here if we hit Donny or any of the Northern locates tracks

4. wicked!! one way or another we have to catch up, been wayyyy too long!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. @Cream_Revenge Will have to do some organizing and get us all at donny again.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Has there ever been a dfuk trace track day?

7. The 550 upgrade sounds nice.

Was the 450 not enough?

8. The 450 is a good engine, linear power delivery. The 450's were used for racing so all the bikes were the same.
    I'm not racing it and I can't help but tinker and change things so thought I'd give the 550 a go. Quite different engine characteristics so I'm told.
    Should be around 80 (ish) bhp at the rear wheel, the bike itself is a hoot to ride and something a little different to what's usually on track. Weighs in at around 118kg.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I think I should share the joy around and let someone else have the limelight.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Is there still a fair supply of spare parts available?

I would be worried they are from the old aprilia days, were availability was a little touch and go.

The idea of a lightweight track bike is very appealing. I’ve been looking at the KTM RC390 cup bikes. But there seems to be an alarming trend of the engines self destructing!

11. lots of the parts are from an sxv/rxv which are still available. Engine parts are getting fewer and fewer but personally I haven’t had an issue. Cal550 has rebuilt my 450 and he’s also built me a 550 race engine. I keep it well serviced changing the engine and gearbox oil every track day, Cal said I can ease off a bit on the fluid changes.
    All the parts from the RRV conversion are still available from Ian Newton but I’ve never needed to get anything.
    It took a while to find out what parts were from what bike, all up it’s a bit of a Bitsa.. Some parts from RS125’s, some SXV some Custom made. Bodywork was made by Hifibre, again never needed to buy as I had the old stuff repaired
    Cal has engineered out most of the old engine weaknesses
    I can make a list of what the bike is made up of if you like

#151 Andy800, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  12. Wheels painted, final touch towards the Edwards Rep

0F27F041-205D-4005-996D-8DFADBB8DBC3.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Wheels fitted :)
    One step closer to Colin Edwards Rep

84914569-068E-4D3B-B6A6-48046C769AFB.jpeg

8A3D7D20-EE30-4E22-AD4F-58DE808FBD95.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  14. Looks mint that, Andy! Still happy with it?

15. Thanks Ian. Yes mate, haven’t ridden in anger for a while but like you, I like to tinker

• Like Like x 1
  16. That looks great mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thanks @cookster
    Glad I did it now, contemplated since I had it wrapped

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hows the wrap holding up?

19. Good as new. :) wipes clean easy and doesn’t show scratches.

20. Very pretty bikes, and built just for racing :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information