1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Aprilia Rrv550gp

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Andy800, Nov 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all
    Most of you guys have seen the bike in this thread:
    Aprilia Rrv450 Gp
    The bike started off life as an Aprilia SXV (supermoto) before being converted by Ian Newton for the Aprilia challenge in the Thundersport series.
    I took ownership to use it as track bike when it was no longer being raced.
    Since then I've dragged it through the gravel at Doninton, repaired and put into Colin Edwards RS3 livery (painted gloss black by Racepaint UK then wrapped by the Imageworks in Ilkeston)
    Earlier this year had an engine transplant making her an RRV550, the 450 lump is now crated as a spare. The bike is kicking out an estimated 78bhp at the rear wheel and weighing in at around 117kg. Both the engines have been reworked by Paul Calvert (cal550) Currently running one of cals custom maps
    The RRV forks are from an Aprilia RS125 made up with Maxton GP20 internals, the rear shock is a Maxton custom build
    Front brake utilises a Brembo RCS15 master pulling a single M50 caliper with quick release brake line.
    Engine 77° V-twin dry sump 549cc (approx 23kg weight) Fuel injected 4 stroke
    Marchesini forged aluminium M10RS wheels (now painted Dodge Viper blue by Racepaint UK) 180 section rear tyre
    AIM Mychron 5 digital dash/data logger
    Quickshifter
    Custom made aluminium tank, rearsets, yoke, subframe.
    There aren't many around. If you ever get chance to ride one I highly recommend it.

#1 Andy800, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. Another "Gauging interest" thread :upyeah:

3. Tough decision selling some of our prize possessions. See plenty of "wish I never sold" threads also, I'm guilty of selling stuff I wish I hadn't

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. To pay for lots of back tyres on the SP?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sounds like a cracking bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. How much you thinking of?

7. Around the £6K mark, with spares and wets on wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don’t do it man!!!!!

That looks like way too much fun:upyeah:

9. Didn't think I'd see this day so soon. S truly beautiful machine in the "flesh".

10. PS, hope for your sake you have no luck selling it ;)

11. that looks such a fun bike mate

12. So, this is now up for sale. Change in circumstances means I’m changing the stable around
    Looking £6000 for the bike with wets on wheels
    £7000 will get the bike as it stands, wets on wheels, all spares that I have accumulated plus I’ll throw in a spare 450 engine. Both engines have less than an hours run time
    These don’t come up very often and this one is probably the best you will find

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thread closed

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information