1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rsv Millie R

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Jul 24, 2020.

1. I spoke to grif at ap performance the other month and he's seen rsv bikes with 100k plus on them. Good engine the rotax apparently

• Like Like x 1
  2. From my experience:
    - Alternator needed changing, the starter relay, too. Besides that everything else was maintenance
    - the rubbers in the clutch slave cylinder aren't great, they will colour the hydraulic fluid black twice a year and start leaking. I still have the original one.
    - doesn't burn oil
    - electronics are reliable, the wiring might need modification (There is a mod running a second wire from the regulator to the battery, which brings up the charging voltage (by one Volt on my bike))
    - Never had engine issues
    - had to adjust valves only once
    - no strange noises, everything still runs great

And all that with a crash-bike with Italian papers that I got for cheap. It was 3000 Euros in 2009 and it held up very well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. If anyone is interested my mate has a playstation liveried RSVR - its not for sale anywhere but i know hes thinking about an r6... nigh on immaculate and very low mileage...

4. Sounds awesome. Any chance of posting up a few pics :)

5. Bear with me - might have some on my phone...

6. Found...
    IMG-20170608-WA0002.jpg IMG-20170608-WA0003.jpg IMG-20170608-WA0004.jpg
    Cant remember the mileage but its something like 5k but dont quote me on it...fresh set of supercorsa's on it also...

• Like Like x 5
  7. Taking the prilia out tomorrow to meet @Expat Jack should be a nice run il take some more pics when we meet up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Meh - thats how it came....i do like it....he had an r6 years ago, sold it...had nothing for a good few years then got this but i think he still hankers for the nuttiness (if thats a word) of another r6, hes mentioned it a few times but hardly goes out on this....hence why its not for sale as such....he doesnt move fast...

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's the Factory version. One model up on the standard bike and yeah, not sure why they went gold. I only just sold my blue 2007 Tuono, loved it but I'm really starting to enjoy long distance riding/tours now and on that the low fuel light would come on at about 170-180km and that's when not riding it hard. Not very good when some spots we were crossing didn't have fuel for 200km! If not done log into the AF1 Aprilia site. Some really knowledgeable guys who are very helpful. Also look up the stator cooling mod. You swap out the reg/rec and add an oil line which sprays additional oil directly onto the stator for additional cooling. The rotor can be swapped out for a later year one but it's VERY pricey. I have never seen one come up on auction sites.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I nearly made the same mistake, thanks to Griff I saw sense and kept my Tuono Racing, mental commute bike and great handling round the lanes, had it 10 years and no Issues apart from Sprag clutch.. IMG_2391.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. If they weren’t so tall I reckon I’d love one :upyeah:

@cookster bow was it today??

12. @bradders bike is a great road bike. I did about 160 miles on it today. I can see why people have them. Yes it's a big bike but once on it it doesn't feel it. Mine is standard so only about 118bhp but it's quite nice to cane it and it not try and kill you . Engine and clutch are VERY smooth for a v twin alot easier to ride on the road than my 996 . Its doesnt handle as well but think thats down to the old square tyres on it. Fuel range is great too it's got 18l tank on it. Rear wheel locks up quite easy if you go down the box a bit quick but soon got used to it. For they money what a brilliant bike.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Next time you are up this way you should try my 999, it's a lovely to road bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Early 2000s I had a firestorm and a mate had the cooking Mille. The aprilia was a much better bike in every regard. Good bike - always liked the look of the R.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Cool mate cheers. Though I got no more room for any more bikes

16. IMG-20200726-WA0002.jpeg

Only one in the car park

• Like Like x 7
Do Not Sell My Personal Information