1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Aprilia Rsv4 1100 Factory Or Ducati V4

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Scott21, Aug 12, 2019.

1. What you need is a really informative Youtube comparison.

These cunts make my teeth itch

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Plenty people would agree. The V4 Pani is no looker when you put it next to a 1299

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. managed about 2 mins. HIs roll ons and hilarious: he goes then they go, but 'he got em!!' FPMSL

4. He's what everybody should aspire to be (hence his legions of followers). A loud, obnoxious tool with too much money that buys everything and hasn't a clue about anything other than going straight down motorways 'racing'.

Subscribed!

5. Aprilia for me, though having owned 3 RSV4's I may be a bit biased :D:D

6. I would be interested to know total miles on all three bikes and what engine reliability problems you’ve had Kingfisher, if any.

7. @Chris
    The first one was Brand new 2010 factory model, many problems with this bike, the 09 & 10 plate bikes did have problems, porous crank case, many Oils leaks it was in the dealers for weeks and weeks, didnt stop me though managed 2 Euro trips on it and other UK trips. Chopped it in after about 18 months but managed 17k miles on it. This one was always my favourite even though it had problems.
    The 2nd was a brand new 2012 APRC factory model, absolutely bullet proof nothing wrong with it at all. didn't do so many miles on this one as I didnt do any touring on it at all. had it approx 2 years and only got rid as I wanted something a bit more upright and got a Multistrada.
    The 3rd was a used 2011 APRC track bike, Paul who I bought this off had only changed one sensor under warranty, when I had it it had done 11k miles virtually all track days or club racing. I managed to bin it last year at Silverstone so repaired it and sold it, also Completely smashing my collarbone, I still have 600rr for track days.
    I also recently had a 2016 Tuono Factory which was a blast but sold it as I needed the money and I had to thin down the collection as I had 5no bikes in a single garage.
    The noise out of these things makes you grin from ear to ear its epic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thank you, hope your collarbone doesn't give you pain now. You love them to bits, warts and all, truly admirable perseverance, far more likely to get one after reading this. :)

9. There will always be horror stories floating about but in my experience they werent any worse than any other manufacturers bikes.

10. I was a regular on the (largely USA content) AF1 Forum around 11 years ago and, well you know how people love to rant.. all about the failings of the early engine but wasn't put off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve had my 2016 Tuono a year now and not had a single issue

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I had a 2012 RSV Factory and put 24k miles on it over three years without any major issues. Demand sensor replaced. Headlight replaced (burnt reflectors). Both done under warranty. Easiest bike to ride that I have ever owned. Great sound.

...but it wan’t a Ducati

• Like Like x 3
  13. I love reading the comments from his followers, plenty seem to hero worship the moron like his and his mates are riding Gods. Fucker gets on my tits more than El Toro's Closed Thread announcements :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah and ive got the oldest most unreliable one which ive had for 9 years and then only thing that broke on it was one of the TPS sensors which cost 20 quid second hand - (and that failed in the garage). 14k on the clock - last valve check were all in apart from 3.

15. Not watched any of his videos for ages....Every sentence starts with "My good buddy..." Y'just get bored of someone literally buying a new bike every week and not keeping it long enough to fucking clean the thing...dont ever seem to see any corners in his videos either...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Have to ask...so why keep going back?! Or is it a bit like a catholic with a spiked strap on their leg; penance for sims past and sims to be

17. It's akin to watching David Brent, you can't help but watch.. simply for the cringe factor. I just started to read the comments to add an extra level of Cringe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. He did a ‘track’ comparison with his v4r, v4 speciale and the r1m he spent about 60k on. I reckon you’d cycle around a lap faster!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. That V4R sounds fantastic at full chat even ridden by a useless loudmouth

20. "Useless loudmouth...." - funny....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information