1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Rsv4 1100

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Jimmy899, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Winglets on road bikes, Really

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 999.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Down force winglets on a road bike, Really

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Any excuse for a face lift

5. Good luck to them I say.

They've had a peach of an engine in the rsv4 way before even a Ducati Panigale was a thing, and they've also ran an 1100 variant in the Tuono for a good few years, again way before a Panigale V4 was even a thing.

Aprilia are hardly cheating their way to power figures, they've been leading the way with V4 for ages, it's an obvious thing to do if Ducati are trying to steal their thunder in the power stakes in the superbike category.

The majority of reviews and comparisons tend to say that the Rsv4 chassis is much more stable than the Panigale, some people even lapping faster on the 1000cc Rsv4 than the 1100cc Panigale, so upping the power and fine tuning electronics should at the very least keep Ducati honest.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. And you could buy another bike with the change, compared to the Pani V4!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I like the understated colour scheme.

8. I preferred if when the IL4s were 750s and the twin 1L.

9. Weird that people get hung up on displacement, I guess it’s a nostalgic thing....

Aprilia have spent money on reducing weight as the new bike is also lighter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I likes it. Done a good job with the euro exhaust.
    Winglets would be a deal beaker for me, first think I'd be asking is are they easily removed?

11. IMO it's a far better looking bike than the pain or the V4, Ducati lost it for me after the 1098 era

12. Handy as cup holders though :D. Is it just me, or is it that manufacturers building these type of bikes, the v4 duc being the same, more as track bikes than to be used as road bikes?

13. Pricing released yet?

14. We’ve got naked bikes for the road :D

They are superbikes, their whole point is to go fast on track. I loved riding the Pani V4, it actually had reasonably good road manners, but still felt like a duck out of water on the road compared to a naked bike. However, lots of people are willing to compromise just because.

I’ve seen the new S1000RR has a hill start feature!!

5188CDD2-218E-4417-A80D-5904B5679D3E.png

15. Certainly where they belong/work.

16. I looked a an rsv4 yesterday at Ducati Aylesbury then this caught my eye
    20181103_125843.jpg
    So I've been pestering members on here to see what there like debating whether to pull the trigger on it.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Tasty!
    Is that the early one?

18. Although the Aprilia will go faster and sound better, I would take the Pani. It’s simply stunning!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. @Nelson No it's a mk2 manual ohlins

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. That's for the circuit of Americas.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information