1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Tuono Factory

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by baylissboy, Mar 22, 2018.

1. There was one on eBay for 7.5k last week but looks like it’s gone.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I beg to differ.......I said I would buy it....but you won't sell.....you never told me what you want for it!!!! Lol

3. @baylissboy I think you should by my 1198 and use it for a track bike:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. But I know what you'll pay for it. :)

5. No you don't....you know what the recent one's went for....I really like yours so I would pay more for it!!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Here you go, think it had 15k. Personally I wouldn’t be paying over the odds as the V4 Streetfighter will trash the price of the V2 :p or make it seem really good value and inflate it!

8B3AB70C-3643-4912-957B-4923285C954B.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I did see this one......call me fussy.....but the mileage was higher than I would like......good value though!!!

8. We all saw that one :) waaaayyy under priced so someone jumped on it quickly as base models are that price now... too many miles for BB

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snap :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. [QUOTE="Jimmy899, post: 1088142, Personally I wouldn’t be paying over the odds as the V4 Streetfighter will trash the price of the V2 :p

View attachment 113112 [/QUOTE]
    Don't kid yourself, It will do the dead opposite :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Like the predictions of the V4 were going to kill the Desmosedici? :thinkingface:

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.28.10.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.28.37.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.29.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.29.27.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 23.30.02.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Easy tiger. The Desmo is a MotoGP special built for the road, slightly different to a Streetfighter S.

I’m sure existing owners want to see the value increase but I can’t see it happening - too many good Supernaked style bikes available. Sure the STS was limited numbers but it’s just a common Streetfighter with Ohlins and posh wheels, isn’t it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My point is, that I have seen many posts on how the V4 would cause the prices of the Desmo to drop. It doesn't look like it's happening :) There was one in my local dealer last week and the guy apparently bought it from the Sheffield shop, so some people are willing to pay the advertised prices for them.

We'll agree to disagree on the Streetfighter S. It will continue to increase in line with other Ducatis, why would it be different? I actually think given the relative rarity, it will out perform the market. Neither of us can guarantee our opinion, but feel free to bookmark this and come back to me in a couple of years. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I certainly would never have suggested the Desmo price going anywhere but up, just look at the thing!

Not sure all Ducati’s appreciate, it takes a certain flavor and I just don’t think the SFS has it. I would sell my left testical to have certain models but the SFS doesn’t come close, but like you suggest, only time will tell. Look back at old S4 Senna edition monsters, it’s not like they’re sought after... Either way, it’s a fantastic machine.

The first rule of Ducati forum, don’t talk about bikes not appreciating :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Time has already told Dude, they have increased 50% already in the last 2 years and gone mental in Germany o_O

16. Good friend has one, it’s his second, did 15k on the first one commuting in all weathers over 2 years and looked like new when he sold it and it didn’t have many issues at all (battery leads were replaced to aid starting). His new one is similar, he was gutted when the Silverstone dealer closed as he now has to go to on yer bike but, other than waiting months for a can and ecu package and leathers that were part of the new bike deal, it’s never let him down.

17. Or just add flat bars, junk the plastics and have an SFS

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I see a comment about mileage. If the bike was right and the mileage was a little higher then so what? Id rather have a bike with higher mileage thats been looked after (even if the engine has been rebuilt TBH). My rebuilt engine on my 525 is in far better condition than any other 525 engine that ive even seen. Period. Really. Ive not seen one yet that is in as good condition as mine.

A lad at work has an old (2010) speed triple with 40k on it. He's had it for 3 years and its not missed a beat. He's no plans to sell either. Just to add on the .ms forum there was a lad i Australia who had an old 1100s (Hyper). Due to the weather over there being so warm he rode it all over Aus, in the rain also, stuck to the service schedule and it ran til the clocks stopped at 100k - i know its a bit extreme but they (most engines) can do it.

Also, on the af1 forum one lad ironically again in Aus went touring on his RSV4 (the old pre aprc ones just like mine) and at that point had clocked up 60k. Another lad in the US (same bike) 50k and even tracked it regularly...

#59 comfysofa, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information