1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia Tuono V4

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ducv2, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Most modern QS and blipper systems should work throughout the range. My Duke is faultless but it did take a few thousand miles for the box to bed in.

2. Waiting for someone to do a decent V4 in a Multi/KTM SMT chassis that could tempt me.

3. Thanks for your replies, local dealer is offering test rides on KTM and Aprilia on the same day so I will have a go.
    But just been out on my crossplane R1 and had forgotten how enjoyable it is....

4. I like this guys endeavour but listening to him review a performance bike is a bit like getting dancing lessons from Theresa May.

#25 Jimmy899, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. But he does have a go at everything (sports, touring, dual sport, commuting, smoto etc...) and doesn’t pretend to be an expert at all of these disciplines.

I think he seems quite well balanced and honest.

6. Had a test ride on a ktm last week and a tuono today.
    Really disappointed with the ktm, was hoping for a fire breathing monster and was well let down. QS and auto blipper also poor.
    Tuono on a different planet, front wheel in the air at every opportunity, qs and blipper perfect.
    Didn't get my head round the multiple options on the electronic suspension, but as I'm having one I will have plenty of chances to fiddle.
    Thanks for all the replies.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Nice, Tuono is fantastic.
    I swapped my 1100 V4 for the SuperDuke and haven’t looked back. QS and blipper are fantastic but it takes some time for the box to bed in. Sounds like you tested a duff one :p

8. As a riding experience you will love owning it. If you can, the black Akra carbon can is the one to go for - not the titanium Akra one.

The carbon can is infinitely uglier than the titanium Akra number but your ears will thank you for it.

9. The test bike had a carbon can fitted, already agreed to have one fitted from the start and the correct map uploaded.....
    The noise is just like my cross plane which is a big bonus

10. Seriously tempted by a tuono factory myself. How is the wind protection on them??

11. I have to say I didn't have any problems with wind blast at legal speeds, but hypothetically at about the ton you might possibly get bounced around a bit. I'm 6'2 if that makes a difference.

12. Got a new Pikes Peak with 1200 miles on it. Might keep it for this year then trade in next spring. See if I actually do the miles I intended when I bought it

13. Had a go on my brothers Tuono Factory the other weekend. It was a blast! The quickshifter was superb and downshift with autoblipper was something I never knew I wanted..like central locking...but I sure as hell want it now. Handling, great engine, easy to ride.

Great bike, immense fun.

14. i had a cb1000r which was terrible for wind blast on motorways so i was a bit dubious about the tuono. Test rode one including a stint on a motorway i didn't find it a problem so i bought one.Never regretted it ,and it pulls 163mph up the mountain at the TT behind the screen.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Seems like the Tuono is a pretty well thought of bike.
    I do love Aprilia's, there are a couple of service centres near me so servicing shouldn't be an issue.
    How would a Tuono compare a Hyper 939

16. Piss all over it and laugh while it does it. :p:joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. So it’s a good move

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’d imagine it will be so much more to handle.

19. Have a 16 myself, bloody great bike. Go for it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information