1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprillia And Ktm

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 4, 2017.

1. I can see your point, its a shame aprilia dont offer a std paint scheme, but i think the reasoning is the "factory superpole' paint is suppose to be their flagship type bike.

2. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. I've never really been into graphics. Don't see many of the blue ones about. I guess most people go for the Factory because of the spec. TBH if I was buying one I's have the factory for that reason. I wouldn't buy the standard just because of paintwork.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah right enough....you could always change the paint ? expensive i know.

4. Could you just change the body panels? Still expensive but at least you can sell them again if you get rid of the bike.

5. This (rather dull) geezer reckons a minor service is £275 for an SDR ? Can't be right surely @Gimlet

6. My first service cost £160 at Redline in Loughborough, so I bet £275 is about right

7. My 9000 miles service was around the £270 mark. Can't remember the exact figure but it was under £300. Its just an oil and fluid change, a new air filter and general check over. Starts adding up if you've worn other consumables out like brake pads and chains etc.

8. Kind of but that "Aprilia" writing is up the tank also. My mate has a 16 plate RF of which pretty well everything has been replaced with CF.....apart from the left over writing on the tank....

9. Yep - just bought a set of Brembo pads for the new calipers on my zed....hundred and 130 fucking quid...and ive gotta buy more for the rsv4 soon!!

10. Whats the difference between the first one and a minor then ? Thought they were both just oil changes ??

11. £270 for an oil change ?? Thats worse than Ducati main dealers ? (And they are crooks)

12. 100 and 130, so 230 then ?? :D

13. I'm using Carbonne Lorraine on all my bikes now. About £40 a set cheaper than Brembo. I bought some ages ago for the SDR's 9000 service and took them with me so I didn't get lumbered with Brembo costs but they didn't need doing. They do now so I'm glad I've got them ready and waiting. The chain isn't looking good though. Sprocket are OK and no real tight spots but there's an awful lot of broken O rings. Maybe I'll keep my eyes peeled for any winter bargains and buy a set of chain and sprocks in readiness. Its easy to forget about these things and if you get hit with them on top of a big service, that hurts.

#33 Gimlet, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. This is why i do all my own servicing (or whatever i can) - took my 525 supermoto in a couple of months ago....the shock needed to be stripped, serviced and lowered, the carb was pissing fuel (i couldnt see what was wrong) - that cost me almost 500 quid....

yep Wayne....thats how much it cost. without looking at the bill it cost....

160 for the shock service
    50 quid for the bits to lower it (its a supermoto and thats how they should be)
    80 quid for the carb parts

the rest was labour....

• WTF WTF x 1
  15. 120 for the RSV4 - bike torque have just dropped the price a tad...ive got a bit left on them so i can buy them next month....to be fair, its still on the first set...

16. They really only change the oil on the 100 mile service, do a visual check and update the computer. AMS road tested mine as well - good thing too because they found the fuel pump was down on pressure so changed that on the spot under warranty.

For the 9000 miler they change all the hydraulic fluids (clutch and brakes, not forks) and the airfilter, service the brakes etc (ie. clean them up lube the pistons and check them over) which means it's cheaper if you've kept it clean because there's less to do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Its gonna need discs eventually as well...ill be going for some PFM jobbies....

18. No that looks like something a bad guy in an intergalactic post apocalyptic mining movie would ride. Looks like he made it from leftover bits from the mining equipment. Cool maybe, but not pretty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I like the look of both, mean and aggressive. They eat Ducati’s for breakfast.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information