1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ardennes 2019

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Apr 19, 2019.

1. I’m sure it will all be sorted Paul. It’s just the immediate hassle caused.

2. Sorry to hear your trip’s been curtailed Bradders, it’s what one might describe as a bwmmer. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nightmare Paul, hope you get good dealership fix pronto.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry to hear of your woes @bradders. The definition of sod's law. I use mine every day, on 15k miles now, never misses a beat.

Wonder if the recent service is anything to do with it?

Hope you get it all sorted with minimal fuss/expense.

5. Not how I expected to get home. But no wind blast either ;)

0DE613BD-0355-4676-89FF-B7714875FC87.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. I'd be politely demanding a courtesy bike for the interim period. Because I know they will want to evaluate what when wrong & that can take weeks/months.

7. So far, it’s recovery cost (prob €300), €400 taxi, €215 for a suitcase, no idea what the flight cost at short notice. 14 days car hire in U.K.

By time the bike is back, and fixed, gonna cost them more than the bike cost me!!

8. I got an M Sport 5 series when my GS was in dealers for a week. BMW use Enterprise Rental as their default loan provider. Sadly they don’t have bikes in their fleet. Maybe the dealer can let you have one of their bikes off their demo fleet?

9. Given me 320d m sport

Home
    AC63FED6-0BC8-489B-A252-D7C055E5F8CF.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  10. Who is picking up the tab for that little lot?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bmw

• Like Like x 3
  12. Gutted for you Paul, but it sounds like things ran smoothly to get you and the bike home safely.

I've owned a number of BMW bikes over the years and I've always felt looked after by BMW when I've had an issue. I'm sure they will do the right thing by you, more so as you purchased the bike from a dealer who pride themselves on customer support.

I hope things get sorted for you quickly and smoothly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Total bad luck !!
    I just started reading this and looked at yours and thought to myself at least that BMW won’t break down over the Ducati.......

☹️

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Cheers.

I do think if it had been any other brand I’d still be abroad and a grand out of pocket on pay and claim.

15. And Mrs B loved the perfume and gin I bought from duty free, now I was able to get some home.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not a nice way to end/start? an Easter holiday trip.
    WTF is happening lately with quality control?
    I brooke down twice with my Ford Tourneo Custom whilst in Europe both ocassion booked for enduro races. Ford assistance refunded hotel and plane tickets, but still brand new vehicle breaking down is not acceptable.

17. @bradders So when will your bike reach the UK? Will it go to your dealer or back to BMW? Will we get to hear what actually failed?

18. Dealer. Takes about 10 days apparently. Starting the process of emails to BMW asking for my money back...

My instinct is timing chain slipped and valves smashed everything they shouldn't, given the noise and that it would still turn over/run

Do Not Sell My Personal Information