1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ardennes 2019

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Apr 19, 2019.

1. bad luck there brad, but stuff happens and at least youre getting treated ok. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sorry to hear of the problems you had, Bradders.

Hopefully BMW will look after you.

When my Tunon engine went bang, Aprilia insisted on its being rebuilt which i wasn't happy with so as soon as it was repaired ( 5 months later :worried:) i sold it almost straight way. No longer had any faith in the bike or Aprilia.

If the bike was on finance you may have another option to getting your money back via the finance company.

Must confess i feel the DVT Multi is a big step on form the earlier version. It handles better and goes quicker once set up right.

3. Bradders you know you want a KTM Super Adventure S :) If I can get on it so can you :)

4. bradders,just a thought from me on this one...the fact is lightning does not strike twice,so if you like the bike why don't you accept a brand new replacement and of course a sweetener on top for the FUBAR:thinkingface:

5. Bradders, if you want to try a KTM GT, your welcome to have a blat out on mine, its last years so only the 162 brake, this years is full on Super Duke R engined so 172 brakes of mentalness.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sound like a GS might ring your bell :)

7. Cheers fellas. If they replace motor i’ll Simply sell. It’s not for me really, lesson learned on test riding.

@MaDProFF i didn’t even get chance to cock a leg over yours!

8. Hope it all gets sorted Bradders, and soon, got a date yet when yours back?

Thanks all for the trip, Great Time, Great Bunch, Highlights:- Great Roads, and Weather, Pete letting his hair down after a few bottles of wine, (Still did not manage to get any state secrets out of him),,Dave Falling off the Pavement, and the waitress following him out ready to catch the tray he was holding trying to be a waitress, The Smiles on some of those faces after riding around Luxembourg on the smooth Tarmac Twisties, Me taking a short cut riding down on the left to save crossing the road to wonder why I was meeting on coming traffic. :) (got a pink sticker now thanks) and still cannot remember all the names :( ... Feeling guilty for making the Diavel rider around those crap gravely roads :( that the sat nav sent me to avoid the road works only to end up back at the same point, which Tony complained about as he was last :) ......................Yeah Great time :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Enjoyed what I had and often these trips get better as they move on :upyeah:

Hope you enjoyed the leading ;)

10. I agree.
    Thanks again to @Dave for organising.
    I have to express my admiration for @bradders for maintaining good humour and equanimity throughout, even under trying circumstances.
    At one point I thought @MaDProFF was about to have a head-on collision, with me directly behind - but we got away with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  11. That boat lift looks impressive!

12. ..and the inclined plane!!

13. Been a while, so whats been happening?

Bike returns to dealer this week, and have had a couple of calls. Firstly, it needs to be stripped to ascertain manufacturer fault. Secondly, can’t be done for probably two weeks.

Had a 320 d since I got back, and could have kept until bike is fixed but decided to let them have it back this week.

Service manager called to deliver news it will be a few weeks but also offer that, although he can’t lend me a bike full time, if I want one for weekends then let him know and he’ll sort one so I don’t lose too much riding time now the weather is improving. So booked one for next weekend :upyeah:

Next step is to let the dealer know what I want instead, so they can price up and put to Bmw. Whatever, the bike is a dud and absolutely don’t want back (what else is faulty?!). Prefer to put the replacement bike cost towards another bike, so going to let them know the bike and spec and they can then discuss with bmw.

Think it will be a few weeks yet....

• Like Like x 6
  14. Good luck. Hope you get sorted soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hmmm. Discounted GS heading your way...? :upyeah:

16. Could well be ;)

17. TBH Bradders as good as a GS is, I think you will personally regret it after a while, you not quite ready for one yet, you need something in-between.

• Like Like x 1
  18. They’ve started the strip down and cylinder no 3 is destroyed.

This weekend, I shall be riding a 1250 sport rt thing

19. You have my deepest sympathies :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information