1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Ducati A Bit Stingy?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bob T, Feb 12, 2018.

1. In theory the prices should be the same all over the EU, that is EU law. Trouble is that sterling exchange rate fluctuations do make a small difference.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. To be honest if I was worried about the price of filling my tank I'd pack in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. so it all comes down to dealer at the time how generous they are:)

4. Reading a French blog about the 100bhp limit going in 2016, they also mention that French motorcycle dealers are notoriously looking at a discount in the deal as alien to them

If that is true? then perhaps that might explain a bit why in France you get a full tank and in the U.K. you tend to not. However, given your niece is in the U.K. and this is unlikely to be her first bike, I doubt the non full tank was news to her.

5. In the grand scheme of things a tank of petrol is neither here nor there.

Having built up a good relationship with MR over the past few years I find I get far greater value from that than riding away with a few quids worth of fuel in the tank.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Both Bmw bikes I bought from a main dealer included a full tank and twelve months road tax, both used and I knocked them down on the ticket price, wasn’t expecting either so happy bunny

• Like Like x 1
  7. Err yes it is her first bike. She only passed her last bit of the bike test 2 weeks ago.
    Don't get me wrong, she has not complained, it was me who was surprised. She can afford to put fuel in it, she bought the bike cash.

8. the more girls on bikes the better:upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. What she ^^ said. You get bugger all included on any vehicles nowadays. I managed to get some mats on my new car but I almost had to beg for them.

10. Not Wotsits? :worried:

11. is this you? cartoon-man-begging-mercy-19682409.jpg

12. With you there @El Toro . When the hell did car mats become an optional bloody extra. Mental. What’s next, optional extra gear knob?

13. I bought a Citroen Saxo VTS years ago, about 10 months old. That is the only vehicle that ever came with a free tank of fuel.

When I went to collect it, the salesman was looking at a brochure for a ride on lawnmower. I think I overpaid for that car. o_O

saxo 1.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. From what I've seen, Audi and Bmw cars do not come with an indicator included as standard

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. They do have special parking sensors though :upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. i have owned 8 new motorcycles and i cannot recall what was in the tank,,its all about the dealer and the price of the bike,,normally a splash and Go is what you Get:)

17. Bikes hold not a lot of fuel. Buying something like a hummer might be worth arguing over

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I’d rather fill up my new bike myself than having the junior trainee mechanic race down to the petrol station on my new precious to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. It's called "Scene Parking" Tel. Some of the young un's with slammed Golfs at work do this. :rolleyes: I said the same as you, only to be re-educated by the yoof. :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information