1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Ducati A Bit Stingy?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bob T, Feb 12, 2018.

1. It is possible that they are selling them to you at a price lower than they sell them to a dealer, although I think that is unlikely. The manufacturer makes a profit on what they sell to dealers, so there is a margin there to enable them to discount prices and sell limited quantities at a lower price. For some goods I know that the manufacturer has a larger profit margin than the retailer has.

For my business I have bought equipment from a musical equipment manufacturer at prices that are lower than retailers can buy at. I'm certain that they weren't making a loss on them.

2. Just a thought. Is the price you are paying the retail price minus VAT?
    Apple's education discount for many goods is just the retail price minus VAT.

3. question,If and when dealers reach their yearly targets,do the manufacturers pay them a reward/bonus back?:thinkingface:

4. I’m sure there are plenty of rebate incentives from the manufacturers, not just for units sold either. In the IT sector resellers make big money from rebates, I would assume there are similar schemes in the automotive world.

Most manufactures will be making a tidy margin on the list price. Ducati are one of the few who are hard to knock down, and that’s more or a marketing/brand play opposed to skinny margin.

I’m suprised to see the figures mentioned above, considering the vast amount of leased cars in this country, which are usually all purchased a list price!

5. The discounts range from 10% to 20%, but the majority of cars carry a discount of 18% - 20%. I think the 20% ammount is simply coincidence.

They are all purchased by a discount code supplied by my employer which is taken to a dealer who supplies the vehicle but adjusts the price accordingly. I would still pay VAT, however on the lesser purchase price. The whole process is the same as a retial customer would experience, apart from the discount. I would believe the dealer would give the code back to the manufacturer's concessionaire who would invoice the car to the dealer at a discounted ammount.

6. I don't give a toss about margins and other things.
    Would be fair after shedding out 15k to expect at least 1/2 tank, not even point to argue about the cost..is £15 an issue
    for any dealer to budget into the cost?
    Pure greed and disrespect towards the clients.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Yes.That's why there are so many pre-registered bikes and cars around.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I just spent +£45k on a new car and the dealer wouldn’t put more money than half a tank in it!! And believe me - I tried to get a full tank out of him! Wasn’t impressed by that!

9. So you paid £45 Big ones for half a tank of fuel, but they chucked in the car as well,,i think you did OK:upyeah::p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information